Wintery Drinks

Ashton: Coffee. “Come on! Let's go!” Ashton said excitedly, jogging out the door. You weren't sure where he was taking you, so you had thrown on at least two sweatshirts. After jumping into his car and clicking your seatbelt, he looked over to you and said, “Step one to this wonderful adventure. Get crappy gas station coffee.” He grinned, driving up to the most run-down gas station he could find. You walked in, finding the coffee machines immediately. You two filled up cups with mixes of random cappuccinos, coffees, sugars, creamers, and flavorings, paid for them, and went back into his car. While sipping your hot concoction, you watched snow drifting lazily through the skies. Ashton pulled into a small clearing by a frozen lake, and climbed over the seats to reach the trunk, you following him. “Car picnic!” He cheered, opening up a thermos with soup. You drank your coffee, eating soup and laughing at corny jokes he was finding on the Internet.

Calum: Tea. It was 3 a.m. And you had been finishing up some work for school before you heard a loud knock on the door. You looked through the window to see Calum, running his hands through his inky hair. You opened up the door, wordlessly ushering Calum in from the cold. He looked up at you, hugging you to him tightly. “It's alright.” You offered, starting to lead him into the kitchen. He sat at a stool, running his hands frustratedly through his hair. You put a kettle on, placing two mugs on the counter. When you had poured the tea, you slid the mug over to Calum and gently rubbed between his shoulderblades. “Can I please...please stay here tonight?” His voice was raspy and raw, and you nodded. “Thank you so much.” He rumbled while taking a long, slow sip of his tea before letting his shoulders fall.

Luke: Hot Cocoa. “Y/N!” Luke smiled at you as he opened the front door. “C'mon in, it's freezing out there!” He smiled. You stepped in the warm, apple-y smelling home. He whirled into the kitchen. “Think fast!” He said, tossing two packets of hot cocoa at you, which you caught one and slapped the other to the ground. You picked it up and slapped both on the counter as he took warm milk out of the microwave, puring it in two snowmen-shaped mugs. You added the powder and tossed a small chunk of chocolate in each, stirring it around. Luke picked up his mug carefully and shuffled to the living room. You sat on the couch, setting your cup on the table beside you. He grabbed a large blanket after putting on your favorite animated Christmas movie. Luke sat next to you, drinking his cocoa and slinging an arm around you.

Michael: Apple Cider. You looked up at the menu at a downtown coffee shop, finally stepping up to order. “Hello. What can I get you?” The cashier asked. “Hello. Can I have the apple cider please?” You asked. “Of course. Is that all?” She asked. “I'll have the same.” A boy stepped up to the counter, pushing a bill towards her. She accepted and gave him the receipt with the call number on it. You went to go sit down and he followed you. “Hello.” He finally said. “Hello. What's your name?” You asked. “Michael. What's your name?” He ran a hand through his blond striped hair. “I'm Y/N. Thanks for the cider.” You smiled at him. “No problem.” Michael said, standing to go get the two ciders. He sat in the opposite booth, sliding your cup over. You held it for a second, then found sharpie marks left on your hand. Turning the cup around, you saw 'Hey Y/N...We should hang out some time. -Michael' left next to his number. You smiled up at him, as he acted like he hadn't seen you notice the cup. You spent the next hour hanging out with Michael, so casually that it felt like it was bordering on a date.