01

Sana

I exhaled to myself, scribbling absentmindedly on my doodling notebook waiting for the ring of the bell I've always loved that's signaling the end of the day at school. As I wait for the hands of the clock to end that one minute that's always long-lasting.

"Pretty girl, pretty girl-"

"Pst! Sana!"

"Hey, Sana. Would you like to-"

"Shut it. She's going out with me-"

"Baby girl, will you be my date for prom-"

Paying no attention to people like them... actually works. As long as I'm ignoring them, school is not as bad as other people gave an account in words to it. Really. At least for me. Because I'd rather stay here... than home. I like it more here. Even if some people won't just stop.

"You five at the back! I've had enough!" I didn't hear furthermore of what the teacher is blabbering as the bell finally rang. Gathering all my notes and school supplies, I was lucky enough to sit alone beside a window with the school's huge sports field as the view. I made sure I brushed my skirt and the school's ridiculously expensive coat, hooking the strap of my bag to proceed away from the room to my locker. I didn't look back at the boys all alone with the teacher.

"SANA! BABY GIRL!"

I grunted inwardly at the impact of my sides. Yebin.

Yebin placed her arm around my neck, while her friend, Miran hugged my other side.

"How was your day, my lovely Sana? Will you finally talk to me, baby girl?" Yebin cooed, blandly straining her fingers to my hair, twirling it around. "Come on now, use your pretty tongue." Miran sang as they all dissolved into a series of unrestrained peals of laughter. "She does not talk? I love this chick, man."

Yebin has a black strong bob hairstyle, a few small visible tattoos on both sides of her eyes, and piercings on her ears, lips, and nose. She was slightly shorter than me. As for Miran, she has an ombré grey-ish blue long hair and is the tallest among all of them.

They're a circle of friends habitually causing problems to provoke the school's authorities. They don't unnecessarily bully me, but they were not my friends either.

"Aww, who hurt our Sana? Why would you let anyone bruise that precious face of yours?" Yebin cooed again, this time caressing the scratches beside my lips. "Who is it?! Huh? Should we beat them up?!" Sonyi, another girl declared. I persevered wending my way to the gates of the school with them clicking onto me, as they chatter things with a cigarette lit in their hands. Puffing the smoke out recklessly.

"Girls."

Simultaneously, our heads turned to the side and caught the sight of the Assistant Principal. Yebin rolled her eyes, "Now, what do you want with Sana, old hag? Bugging her with your expensive ass tuition fees?" She spat, with mainstream smoke coming out of her mouth.

"I need to talk to her, Ms. Baek. It would be much better if you leave the two of us alone..." Mrs. Yang, who's the assistant principal's keeked towards my direction for a stern moment. "... Ms. Sana, I really need to talk to you."

I nodded subtly. Yebin derisively scoffed at her. "Whatever." She let go of her hold, winking to me prior to departing away along with her friends.