02

The next day..

Sana

"Come home early my friends are coming over. Serve them." My father groggily said whilst holding a cup of coffee as he made his way to sit on the couch.

I felt uncomfortable knowing his friends will come over. They are men that know no boundaries... One of them attempted to sneak into my room when they were drinking I had to jump from a window and break my arm. "Did you hear your father?" Gyeongmin spat entwined with repugnance.

"Yes." I replied quickly before finally leaving that house.

-

I urgently left school after it ended. Not because I'd go home early to serve my father's friends' drinks as they gamble, but because I have a shift at the store later, and I had to check out something..

My brows deepened examining the huge chart of the map right in front of me. Finding the locations of the streets at the city center where nightclubs pay at a high cost. I've been thinking of what Yebin said. It.. wouldn't be so bad if I give it a try?

"Gangnam?" I whispered and scratched my head, my lips tightened to a small frown after reading the instructions on the way there, I don't live in the main part of Seoul and wasn't really familiar with the area but I suppose it's the richest district here.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a bus approaching me. I blew a breath as it stopped right in front of me before hopping inside. I sat at the third to the last part and opened the window, feeling the chilly wind greeting my skin.

-

"Thank you." I bowed at the driver and went down from the bus, it started to move further away, a small gasp liberated from my lips.

I was in the middle of a pavement, a huge pavement but with many people– on the sides, there were different kinds of structures, stores... halted luxurious cars I thought I'd never seen before I die.

It was like a different world. I carry on walking, infrequently bumping with whoever. There were so many people.. people like Yebin and her friends. The buildings had kaleidoscopic neon blazing brightness. Smoke cigars blending in the already-polluted air, tattoos on the visible areas of their skin, older men fondling the faces of one of many women younger enough to be their daughter et cetera, some bending in a car's window level dressed in a provocative manner.

Street prostitution...?

I gulped and continued walking, trying my best to avoid them even though they were everywhere. I started darting my eyes on the names of every nightclub I pass by.

'The A Club'

'Nightingale Plaza'

'AM to PM'

'Hugging Hearts Club'

'Blue Goose Lounge'

My admiration of how pretty the club signs were was cut off when I saw a man touching a woman even though she was resisting, I turned to my side and found another group of men exchanging drugs.