36

Author

"Doc, can I still walk?" The patient that had a broken leg asked me as he was laying down on the white bed. She looked at his files and nodded. "According to your files and what Dr. Wang said. Your broken leg isn't as severe as the others. Although, a leg fracture is painful and may be swollen or bruised. Some usually will not be able to walk with it. If it's severe, the leg will become an odd shape and the bone may even be poking out of the skin." Sana explains briefly. His wife held his hand tightly. "You'll be fine, love."

She stared at the loving couple.

'I'm a Don, Sana. I don't love.'

She gulped and shook the thought off. She cleared her throat, "We need to perform the surgery already, in an hour, or else your bone will misform and will stay like this forever."

His wife nodded, "Are you the one who'll perform the surgery?" Sana shook her head. "Unfortunately no, I'll leave already, Mr. Wang will be the one." Sana put on a flat smile. She goes out of the room and was greeted by the nurses.

"You're leaving early, Doc?" Junhyeon asked. "Yeah, I have files to take care of. Mr. Wang and Kim are on shift." Sana arranged her bag and removed the stethoscope. "Oh, have a nice day Dr. Minatozaki." The two of them bowed and Sana smiled.

As the elevator opened, Sana gasped. "J–Jiwoon? What are you doing here?" She asked and walked towards him. "The date? Remember?" Jiwoon chuckled and hugged her. Sana slightly smiled and hugged him back. "Oh, y-yeah. I forgot. C–Can we do it next time? I really have an important thing to do."

"Oh, is that so?" Jiwook asked. Sana nodded, Jiwook held her hand as they walk to the parking lot. "Aww, that's sad. I ditched work for this." He said. Sana gulped and felt guilty. The documents she'll handle are very important. They are about her passports and files.

"Okay, I'll handle these in another day." Jiwoon smiled. "Thank you. Come on let's go."

Sana

Sana

Jiwoon is every girl's dream. He's got the looks, tall, built, he's also an Accounting graduate. But, there is a 'but'. I don't even know what I'm saying. It's just that– I know that I can't say I love you to him. I don't even let him kiss or peck at me. He says he respects my decision and will wait for me.

We spent the whole day at the mall, going shopping, eating and everything. My eyes drifted to an Armani suit store. I can't even look at everything that reminds me of– everything.

Rewinding... everything from now, I was nothing without him. He had become my home. It's been so so long. I know I did love him, hell, I even loved his demons. No one knows about what I was 8 years ago. Even Dahyun doesn't know it and I'm not planning on telling her since I have moved on and it doesn't mean anything to me now.

All I know is, I'm not the same old girl anymore who...who actually believed that— that I'm more than just a fuck to him. Guys like him don't love.

"Babe? Are you okay?" Jiwook's voice interrupted my thoughts. I cleared my throat and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You've been spacing out since we got here." He furrowed his eyebrows together. "N-No, I'm fine. Really." I put on a reassuring smile.

" I put on a reassuring smile

"Goodbye, babe. I love you." Jiwook was about to peck my cheek but I looked down on the floor and moved away. "I...I'm sorry Jiwook, it's just." I sighed. "It's fine, have a good night." He smiled and walked back to his car. I waved him goodbye and hopped inside the condo. I smiled at my friend who is the manager, she was standing beside the door.

I tucked my hair behind my ear as my heels clicked on the floor. My mind was blank but my foot suddenly stopped between the hallway with elevators. Instincts, I guess. I gulped and within seconds my eyes drifted to the CCTV cameras.

I closed my eyes and took a deep, deep sigh then walked to the elevator.

After that, I arrived at my condo and did my usual routine. I changed to pajamas and opened my television but didn't stay in the living room. I was thinking about, going— going to the club that Dahyun talked about. So I went to my wardrobe and find some clothes. I tiptoed to get the dresses but I hit something and a heavy box fell to my head.

"Oww..." I whined and rubbed the area where I got hit.

I stared at the heavy black leather box and furrowed my eyebrows. I don't remember having this?

The box looks so luxurious and expensive, but it isn't new.

I grabbed it and went to the living room then sat in Indian. I tied my hair to a ponytail and licked my lips. "What's this?" I mumbled to myself. I slowly opened the box and gulped for the third time. My lips parted, my heartbeat increased and my eyes widened.

Author

Sana couldn't express her feeling. She felt shocked and confused. Eight years ago, when he left her. She didn't bring anything from that house. Not even a single piece of clothing, jewelry, or money. But what was it?

It's the diamond–gold-covered gun.

• • •

Have a nice day!! 💗