13

Sana

I found myself contemplating once again as I sat in front of  a vanity mirror. Like the very scene, itself happened before and is happening afresh.

Why..? Just.. just why did I let him? Just why did I..

I felt accountable for what I did, for letting him. Even so I..

I sunk on my seat and hugged my knees to my chest closer. I could feel my own sweat on my whole face despite the air conditioning unit.

Like every usual day, Hina is doing my hair. It was already a part of a routine.

"Is this okay, Miss Sana?" She asked, talking about the braid she showed me through the mirror. I nodded, letting her have her way on my hair.

"You're coming with me to the party."

My heart pummeled in my rib cage furiously, apprehensively. I haven't been to a party before. But I know it's going to be a big one.. considering it's like.. about a mobster's anniversary. I'm not very fond of meeting new people..

"What's on your mind, Miss Sana? You've been spacing out for quite some time now." Hina loured, staring at my face.

"Nothing.. I'm just.. nervous." I answered, placing my chin on my knee, brushing my toes together.

"About what, Miss Sana? Did something happen?" She asked worriedly.

I sighed on my nose. "It's a party and.. Jungkook.. wanted to bring me. I feel weird, Hina. I don't want to go to the party and meet those people. It's.. it's still scary."

"Oh.." Hina nodded. "I suppose it's the party of a drug cartel, the Don's men are talking about." She said, her fingers locking on my hair.

"Yeah, it's the cartel one.."

"I see.. You don't have to worry, Miss Sana. I doubt anyone will hurt you there when you're with the Don." Hina lightly chuckled as I nodded at her words.

"But.." Hina interjected. "What is it?" I replied, angling my head to see her mood swiftly disintegrating.

"Do you like it here, Miss Sana?"

I frowned ambiguously. "What do you mean.. Hina?"

All at once, she fall on her own knees in front of me and held my hands together, like she's imploring for mercy. "Miss Sana..." I began to feel baffled, frankly scared seeing her all over the place with tears in her eyes. What's happening to her? Why is she suddenly acting this way?-

"I could help you escape."

My brows hollowed deeply, I inched away from her still all at sea at her infrequent disposition. "I don't get you... Hina. I'm c-confused- I thought you like it here.. Your loyalty is with Jungkook.. isn't it? I don-t..'"

"I've been planning this. Miss Sana you and I could help each other-!"

Mismatched emotions running in me like several cars accelerating on an empty highway. Everything felt disoriented.. why did Hina suddenly act this way.. and the fire that symbolized my remaining hope to escape lit up again..

"He's innocent."

"I'll never let anyone hurt you here, kitten."

I looked away. "I.. I'm sorry, Hina.. but I can't-"

She forced her hold on my hands, nearly shattering the bones on my fingers. "You don't understand!- You don't deserve to be here- THAT MAN IS A MONSTER!-"