12

The next day...

Sana

It didn't leave me at all. The perpetual thoughts hastening around my head. And my own guilt.

No, no, no- I shouldn't have let him - he's a bad guy, he kills people- I know I'm pathetic.. to think that I'm saving myself if ever.. I'll meet someone who'll truly love me when I'm not loveable at all.

I placed a palm on my forehead, dragging it to my cheek, burying myself with the pillows on the couch here at my room.

"Something happened, Miss Sana?"

I instantly lifted my head and saw Hina. "N-No!- I mean.. I'm fine, Hina."

I don't know why am I flustered over something that's surely meaningless to him. He's a Mafia Don for God's sake.

He had killed people before. You're no better.

He forced me to kill my stepbrothers. You liked it.

He imprisoned me in this mansion. He saved you from your father.

I gripped my head.. those.. were the thoughts that prevented me from falling asleep. I don't know why there were always feedback of them. And they were not mine. Right?

Hina frowned. "Are you sure, Miss Sana? You look quite frustrated."

"No.. I'm okay I was just thinking about stuff." She nodded, prior to a big hopeful grin forming in her face. "Can I do your hair, Miss Sana?"

I slightly chortled. "Sure.." I walked over to the vanity and sat at the small cushion. She went to my side and grabbed something at the pull out drawer that organized the butterfly clips from yesterday. She began brushing my hair, I could hear the noise from the on going show aired at the big, flat television hanged on the wall.

"What hairstyle do you want me to do, Miss Sana?" She asked, caressing the strands of my hair.

I started thinking about it. She must've missed her sister so much.. so I'm letting her do it. I tilted my head, still thinking. "I don't know what's it's called but the ladies at the underground club were wearing it. It's like a braid.. but the strands were thinner?"

"Oh, you've been at the underground club? I heard the Don's authorities and men are the only ones allowed to visit there. I suppose it's really exclusive and lavish." Hina alleged, still fondling with my hair. "No.. No, I didn't visited.. I didn't want to be there at all- The loud sounds.. those men.. they looked like they have drugs.. "

"Miss Sana, calm down.. you don't need to recall those memories." She hushed then frowned. "Why did you think they're on drugs?"

I began to recall my time down there. "W-Well.. they were injecting stuff in their bodies and the drinks we serve had colorful pills with prints and- and- some men put white circle ones on some women's drink- and I saw a stock room with blue boxes filled with them."

Hina's face scrunched in abhorrence. "Men are pigs. Miss Sana.. some of those pills are date-rape drugs. It is almost normal to use it in this type of world. The Underworld." She sighs, brushing off the disturbing topic already. "Let's see... it's like a braid but the strands are thinner?- Oh!" Hina started doing something in my hair, she showed it to me and it looked exactly like the one I saw.

I felt myself smile. "Yeah!- it's- it's like that."

Hina giggled. "It's called a fishtail braid. I'll quickly do it for you."

As I let Hina do whatever she wants with my hair, seeing my reflection bouncing back on the vanity mirror. I mindlessly brought my finger to my lips. Unknowingly, harking back my mind to yesterday. I.. could still feel the prolonged graze of his lips and the cold brush of his black hoop piercing. They were soft. So soft. Especially, the taste of liquor in his tongue.