04

Sana

My legs shook as I gathered my remaining sojourned strength to set each of my feet in turns. I chewed my lips without mercy preventing my tears to fall. A guy that looked like one of those men that killed my father's friends. They were many of them at this Palace-like place. He has his gun pointed at my head as he's making me walk somewhere.

"Move it, whore." He spoke oppressively, tapping the end of his gun on my head.

I licked my bottom lip and continued walking to wherever he's leading me. I glanced around the place- to say it's extravagant is an understatement.

There's a double curved stair with divided flights that lead to the same air, across the separating two there's an octagon-carved limestone fountain in the middle in the top of it were the pendent chandeliers at the altitudinous ceilings that hovered over the wide tiled floor lit with vivid fluorescence.

It's just the entrance.

No matter how beautiful this place is, people here aren't. I want to go home.

I got too focused on my own thoughts, I didn't notice we're in a hallway and not soon enough he halted in front of a dark red diamond wood door. I gulped the lump on my throat as he warped the knob and opened it.

A.. backstage room..?

The room was congested by.. women in exotic dancewear outfits. Some getting their face applied by cosmetics while sitting at a chair in front of a huge vanity mirror with light bulbs, some chilling at a couch, some picking something at a clothing rack. All of their clothes were sparkling, shining, packed with gemstones, and more. No, no- what is this-

They were all busy with themselves until the guy pushed me inside.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, Mafioso?" A neon orange-haired man stealthily asked. He's dressed as a drag queen would.

Mafioso?

"Make her one of your dolls." The man said in a manner deficient in benignity.

I couldn't comprehend anything at all. A Mafioso is a member of a Mafia. All I know is that they're dangerous. They slaughtered my father's friends. It's okay, they almost molested you. They deserve it.

I shook my head at that thought. That's not me. There's no doubt my father is involved. But I didn't do anything wrong! I just want to go home.

My train of thoughts got heckled when the guy pushed me closer to the orange-haired guy. "She's new, Bubbles. Make her pretty." He had a deviant smirk on his lips and trailed the back of his finger on my shoulder. I immediately flinched and move away from him.

"-Now, now." 'Bubbles' pulled me to their side. "You may leave. I'll take care of her."

The guy lethargically shrugged and snickered. "Can't. Don's orders."

Don?

That man..?

I felt goosebumps slithering my skin, unknowingly casting my mind to earlier. I have never seen someone with such overawing effect. And I never thought I'd meet another person petrifying than my father. He's must be their boss for the way they act whenever he's mentioned.