xvii.

Her dragons were growing big, she mused; eyes caught in the way their scales glistened beneath the hot sun. They were the size of a small eagle, but slightly longer, and their wings stretching out further. Leirion had the upper hand on his siblings, his size almost double theirs with a fiercer streak of nature to his personality. Rhaenys was softer, but just as nippy. Her trust having been found in Daenerys. Viserion and Rhaegal were more subdued, a touch of reservation to their movements.

Doreah had seemed so captured by their movements, her eyes alight with mischief as she watched Rhaenar hold out a piece of meat. "Dracarys." Rhae whispered softly, having placed a piece of uncooked meat in front of them all. Rhaenys sputtered, meanwhile Rhaegal, Viserion, and Leirion just stared. "Dracarys." She encouraged again, Leirion gently blowing a round of fire on his small cube of meat. They laughed, clapping his on as he devoured the meat - Rhaenys following shortly behind. "Hopefully when he's a little bigger, he'll be able to feed himself."

She moved away, back into the room before glancing over. "Let them sleep, Doreah; they've had enough."

She blushed, moving to put the dragons back in their cage. "Yes, Khaleesi."

Rhaenar looked to Irri, smiling at the girl. "I rewove this part of the top." She lifted up the Khaleesi's favourite top, letting Rhaenar view her handy work. "And I fixed the heel on this one."

Irri was forever dutiful, no matter how much Rhaenar protested for her to relax every once in a while. "Thank you, my friend."

Doreah looked at the exchange between the pair, before stepping in. "Did you see the dress Xaro had made for Daenerys? They say he's the wealthiest man in Qarth." Rhaenar's brow rose, Xaro had a dress made for Dany? Did he have intentions?

"It is known." Irri piped up.

"And if Qarth is the wealthiest city in Essos..." Rhaenar shook her head.

"The last time a rich man intended to give Daenerys a dress, he was selling her to Khal Drogo." The mood turned solumn slightly.

"And now you are married to the great Khal, and have become his Khaleesi." She nodded at Irri, a soft smile upon her face. It was one dastard dress that had gotten her here, a deal to save Daenerys because she was her sister. She couldn't help but think how things would have gone differently if it was Dany, how many times they had spat words at each other in differing views. If she had allowed Mirri to dress her husbands wounds, would her son still be here?