xxxvii.

I know it's not gonna be everyone's taste, and there is some smut below; but Mero's going to become a really important character in later chapters; and I've definitely given his personality a shake up. So the Mero we saw several chapters ago, will be slightly different from the Mero we see in future. 

A tension hung in the air as the pair looked at one another, Mero kicking off his boots as he fiddled with the plates of his heavy armour

A tension hung in the air as the pair looked at one another, Mero kicking off his boots as he fiddled with the plates of his heavy armour. Her indigo eyes watched him, the way his fingers worked in precision to find the leather ties that bound it into one. Mero glanced down, squirming his brow as her eyes focused on the way he moved.

She looked up, eyes growing wide as heat rushed it's way up her neck, settling on the apples of her cheeks as he loosened the ties to his shoulder plates, slinging them back before pulling the rest up and over his tall body.

His chest had been kissed by the sun, deep ridges lining his torso from years of wielding a sword on the field; her eyes running down the toned muscle. Small silver scars stood out against the honey flesh, small Nick's on his arms to his chest to his hips. Rhaenar looked away, biting her lip. She was absolutely not going to give Mero the benefit of the doubt that he was a beautiful man; that the battle worn skin was pleasing to her. He didn't need his ego boosted in such a way.

She watched from the corner of her eye as he dumped his armour onto a chair before stalking back to the bed, his knee dipping onto the mattress. "You can always change your mind." He uttered simply, his hands pressing into the blankets. "I can get you Daenerys."

Daenerys? What use would she be to her now? Rhaenar frowned. "I asked you to stay here because I want your protection, not because I needed some company." The light quip got his lips quirking, a smirk settling on his face as he settled down; the bed dipping beneath the man made of muscle.

Rhaenar looked behind her, gazing at him. He looked so calm and collected nestled on the pillows, no mirth or anger in the blue of his eyes. It made her uncomfortable. The entire time she had known him, she'd only ever seen him as cocky but as he laid there, stretched out on her bed, he was free from it. "You asked me to be myself; now get in the bed." Rhaenar huffed, slightly regretting it as she lent back, resting on the bed herself. It was as though she was overly aware of him, his little movements as he shuffled, his breathing. Though irritating in any other situation, she found the movements a comfort in a way, knowing he was there having to watch over her. Perhaps not necessarily needing to be in her bed, but the close distant satisfying her enough that if an intruder had managed to make their way through her camp and guards, they would hopefully fail in the last step; out of shock that a man laid beside her.