xxxiii.

Rhaenar was hesitant as she walked out of the tent the next morning, her eyes wild as she tugged her sleeves further down

Rhaenar was hesitant as she walked out of the tent the next morning, her eyes wild as she tugged her sleeves further down. She couldn't believe the cheek of him, barging in while she was bathing and demanding that she owed them a debt. Rhaenar grumbled to herself, tightening the straps at the side of her tunic as she walked down the path to the main tent. "Khaleesi." A deep voice greeted, Rhaenar turning slightly as she pulled it into a bow. Her leather trousers felt like a comfort to her as Qotho approached.

She felt weary of eyes, her dresses not an option. "Ser Jorah and Ser Barristan are waiting for you in the tent, overlooking plans with Daenerys. Why are those scum in there?" He hissed, stalking beside her as she continued to secure her clothes.

"They swore fealty; they're joining us." She said.

Qotho growled, stepping in front of her path. "When could they have possibly sweared fealty?"

She sighed, looking up to him. "Last night; Mero sneaked in." He crossed his arms in front of him, anger snaking quickly into his features. "I don't want a repeat of that, Qotho; I want more guards surrounding the tents." He nodded in agreeance. "And I don't trust them, I want someone to watch them at all time."

"Agreed, Khaleesi. I'll talk to the Unsullied." She nodded to him in thanks before stepping around, continuing to the tent. It was early morning, the sun not yet at full strength as she reached the entrance. The men watched as she entered, looking unusual in her Dothraki trousers and loose tunic that wrapped around her stomach, and dipped low at her chest; the same gold chain from yesterday hanging in the middle.

She fluffed her hair as she took no notice, sweeping her way to the table. An awkward silence hovered in the air as they each glanced to one another, approaching the Khaleesi as she brushed back her pale hair, Qotho standing at her flank. No one said a word as Mero took her other side, standing closer than her lap dog, a smirk chucked his way.

Qotho didn't let his eyes leave the bastard, the two glaring down at one another as Rhaenar stood oblivious to the staring contest happening behind her. Daario Naharis stood beside Daenerys, his own eyes keeping on the young Queen. "I want this to be quick, and as fewer casualties as possible; there's no need to lose lives when it can easily be avoidable." She began, looking over the drawn map of Yunkai. "We need to take Yunkai as our own, free the slaves in the city so they can control their own lives."