lxxiii.

"Bring in Drogo's wife

"Bring in Drogo's wife." It was the day of the trial, and Rhaenar was a mess. Her hand shook in tremors at facing them, at standing for herself without anyone to help her if it went wrong, and it so easily could. Shaqafi looked to her, her wide hazel eyes sending her the same look of fear that Rhae held in her own.

Mamena was oblivious to it, her mind focused on doing one task, and that was to bring in Drogo's wife so she could hopefully join the Dosh Khaleen. Shaqafi squeezed at her hand, before dropping it; the cold night air settling across their skin once more. The heavy doors were pulled open the bottom scraping along the stone as she glanced in.

It had been dimly lit bar the four tall bowls, a torch here and there around the edge but that had been it. They all were watching, waiting, and staring at her as Mamena stepped in first, leading the other two girls. There weren't as many as she thought there would be, but she could see Khal Pono in the centre, his two bloodriders behind him. The doors shut behind them, Mamena leading them up to the front before stopping in front of the Khals.

They bowed their heads respectfully at the two Dosh Khaleen, letting the pair leave; Shaqafi's eyes met hers. She knew what to do, how to help the boys into the camp. "Who cares about her? She's a midget." One of the men closest to her uttered, Rhaenar biting back the urge to roll her eyes at the comment.

"I like her." She glanced, seeing the man's gaze run up and down her body as though she was a piece of meat. Her stomach turned, glancing back to Pono who hadn't uttered anything.

"She's paler than milk."

A Khal from the other side decided to voice his opinion. "I'd like to see what a Khaleesi tastes like." Were they truly discussing her just for her body? Rhaenar thought they were here to decide her fate; perhaps she wouldn't feel guilty if some of them died.

"Good. You can suck my dick." They laughed.

Pono hadn't moved, his lips pursing slightly as he sat forward. "She belongs with the Dosh Khaleen."

"The Wise Masters of Yunkai want her. They're offering ten thousand horses in exchange What's worth more: one pink little girl or ten thousand horses?" She was a Queen, she thought she would at least be worth twenty. Rhaenar thought, jabbing slightly at the Wise Masters. She could offer them twenty thousand if they really wanted it.