cxxxi.

Please read part ix. Also, ending a is incest; ending b is not; and ending c is a short one chapter. But here's the final chapter before we split. 

In the silence, she could hear the sighs of relief, of the diffusing panic that had settled across the city; but Rhaenar couldn't feel the same

In the silence, she could hear the sighs of relief, of the diffusing panic that had settled across the city; but Rhaenar couldn't feel the same. Flashes of her brother falling, of his dragon desperate to follow after him to pick him up before he hit the ground. She could see the swarms of bodies, the weight of the eyes that had turned her way as Leirion screeched below her.

Where was the relief for Rhaenar? When would this all stop? Choked sobs slipped from her lips, her face a mix of emotions as the indigo turned to the Red Keep in the distance. There sat the protected Usurper Queen in the Keep Rhaenar's ancestors had built, there sat the flags of red with the golden Lannister lion. Cersei couldn't get away with it, she couldn't keep killing the ones she loved.

The cheers from the crowd, from the citizens that hadn't previously wanted her, that hadn't turned from the Queen but rather cling to her. They weren't the same as those that had stood in Astapor, Yunkai, or Meereen; they didn't cast off the chains that bound them.

The bells continued to toll, the crowd continuing to cheer. It ricocheted in her mind, echoing like a drum. Had they been cheering for the death of Aegon, that his death had brought around the end? He was her rock, and she wouldn't take losing him lightly.

Nothing could stop Rhaenar if they wanted to, not even Jon with a weakened Rhaegal. All it would take was a simple flight, to get into the Red Keep and destroy those who hadn't abandoned their cause. The Stormcrows still remained there.

Rhaenar's breathing grew more erratic, her face twisting to one of pure loss as everything hit her at once. Her enemies sat in her home. A growl slipped from her lips as she lowered herself, pressing herself against the scales as Leirion took off. Leirion's foot dug into the brick, breaking it beneath his claws as his foot fell inside.

Fire had risen around her, continuing to snake along the dry wood growing ever closer to the pair. He was slow to climb into the air, but he did so as he took off across the tiled roofs of the city, leaving the small gates behind her, her men left in the streets below.

His vast shadow swamped the buildings below, bringing darkness against what was a bright day as their aim for the Red Keep was growing ever closer. They began to cry out, running from the Dragon and the Queen as she bypassed them completely, but their actions tore at her heart. They still feared her, they still feared what she could do.

Another sob slipped from her lips, tears burning at their ducts as Rhaenar grew desperate to drown it all out. But she could hear the voices in her head, the echoes of a deep voice crying out to her.