xli.

Rhaenar found herself in the tallest pyramid of Meereen, the Targaryen banner clinging to the Golden Harpy above her

Rhaenar found herself in the tallest pyramid of Meereen, the Targaryen banner clinging to the Golden Harpy above her. It seemed calm, the first night they were here and the former slaves took to the streets in celebration, hearing their cheers from up above. A river seemed to cut through a majority of the city, winding its way past some pyramids and into the centre of town.

It was cool at least, a break from the hot sun that seemed to bathe the city during the day. Her hands touched at the smooth stone, the council sat behind her as she continued to gaze out. "Have the people agreed on some leaders?" She asked over her shoulder, turning around to face them.

Barristan's hand opened as he shifted, looking towards her. "I believe they've made some choices; but we still have yet to hear from the provinces of Myrr, Naqqan, and Rhazdan. At least that was only three provinces out of the twelves, it could be worse. "Grey Worm has sent a troop of Unsullied to each province."

She nodded, turning to her Unsullied commander. "And the men know to set up hostels for homeless citizens, and kitchen for them to be fed?"

He nodded. "Yes, Khaleesi. Once we find a leader, we'll ensure more are set up between the districts with attention given to the needs of the people." Good, she thought; moving back into the room before sitting down. "There are Unsullied all over this city, the people know who to go to." Rhaenar smiled at him, thankful for what he'd done for her.

"Is there anything else, anyone wishes to discuss?" She asked, making sure they knew they had the floor.

Dany nodded, raising her hand slightly so all eyes flickered towards her. "The Masters, I want to oppose what has happened with them." She said, her voice clear as violet eyes ran over the group, daring anyone to oppose.

Rhaenar nodded, a brow raising slightly as she sat back. "What of them?"

"They need to be treated the same way that the children were, Rhaenar; giving them a fair trial will only raise questions on our ruling." Our ruling. Our ruling? The word buzzed in a head for a moment; but she kept calm; the gazes shifting slightly. She knew Dany only had the right intentions to her, but they were not the intentions they needed; those would cause wars.