xcix.

I know, I know. 

"You don't look much like your father

"You don't look much like your father." A voice called out, her head whipping up as her eyes locked onto a red thick beard. Lord Jon stood before her, a wide grin across his lips as he hesitated at the edge of the stairs. "I hope you don't mind, I saw you charge in here."

Her eyes flickered between him and the parchment before shaking her head, smiling. It could wait, she promised Jon an audience. "No, it's fine. Please, come join me." Rhaenar urged before tucking it into her coat, and turning her attention to Jon. "What did you mean by I don't look like my father? That's an odd thing to say to someone."

He smiled, the strands of well groomed ginger curls covering most of it, but she could still see the glint of white. Up close however, fine strands of white and grey littered it in sections, not unsightly, more of a reminder of his age. "Rhaegar, you look like Rhaegar. He was your brother, correct?"

Rhaenar nodded. "Yes, he was. You knew him?" She thought Jon a friend of Aegon's, not Rhaegar's.

"Well, Your Grace. We were friends, as close as brothers." Jon admitted, the surprise crossing her face at the news. "I squired with him, before squiring for him. Known him most of my life."

It was strange how Rhaegar had touched all these people that she had surrounded herself with; Ser Barristan, Oberyn, and now this Jon. "You must know Ser Barristan then?"

"We've caught up." He admitted, nodding. "He told me how you feel on your brother." Confusion on if she should root for him or not. "All the time that I knew him, he was nothing but an honourable man, an honest man - there was nothing I wouldn't do for him." His pale blue eyes were lost, caught in an expression of happiness. "Rhaegar was the Prince the Kingdom deserved, the hate against his name nothing but unjust."

"Why do you believe that?" Rhaenar asked him, her voice soft as though not to startle him.

He smiled. "Because Rhaegar Targaryen was a star in the sky, a light in the dark; a hope for men that life under the Mad King could get better if he was to rule. I followed him, where he went, I went until your father made me his Hand." Another revelation, she thought; she hadn't known Jon was once the hand of the King. "Disappointing him, and failing him, caused me to be exiled. I struggled to find a meaning for life without my friends, my home, my love."