xxxvi.

Rhaenar could barely contain her anger as they made camp that night, her hand tugging furiously through her braid as she unwound her hair, leaving the strands in the wind as she stalked through the camp

Rhaenar could barely contain her anger as they made camp that night, her hand tugging furiously through her braid as she unwound her hair, leaving the strands in the wind as she stalked through the camp. How could men pin children to wood like that? Leaving someone's child to rot in the sun. She was just disgusted by it. So far they'd only passed twenty four of them and already each face had been ingrained in her mind; but not the happy smiling child they should have been but the bloated corpse. She despised the masters.

She entered the main tent, pushing the flaps away from her as entered. No one had arrived yet, Ser Barristan still overlooking the burial process as Ser Jorah made sure the rest of the Unsullied made it to camp. Mero was on her heels as she turned, anger spitting from her tongue. "What monsters could order the deaths of children?" She hissed, indigo eyes flicking to his as she sat upon the sofa, her shawl fanning out around her.

"They're desperate Khaleesi, they want to shock you. They know your weaknesses." He urged, sitting on one of the cushioned stools beside the steps.

Rhaenar shook her head. "They need to pay for what they've done."

"I agree." A soft voice answered as Dany stepped in, an uncomfortable look settling on her face as Daario trailed in behind her. "Those children deserved better."

Rhaenar straightened as Dany sat down beside her, Daario standing behind her. "But first, we free the slaves that live there. We can't expect to bring justice when so many more are still in chains." Jorah entered the tent, a sheen on his skin as he moved to stand at the side, Grey Worm with him.

"We need siege weapons if we're to make a difference." Mero said, his battle face already on. "If they're to prepare an army, we'll need to delay them."

"Give the power back to the slaves. If we find some way to give the power back to them, then perhaps that'll diminish the resistance before it starts." Rhaenar offered softly, tugging her knees into herself. "Give them the chains that chain them." Those in the room looked to the sullen girl. "Jorah, do you think the Unsullied can overlook this?" She asked him, his head nodding.

"What?" Dany asked.