Twenty-Three

Amelia

"Just try to relax. Have fun for now, we will worry about that later," Alison reassured.

She was trying her best to calm me down on our way back to the table. Emily shot us a confused look from in between Zion and Edwin, I just replied with mouthing 'I'll tell you later.'

I barely touched my lunch as I was still feeling a bit uneasy. The nerves shooting through my veins also didn't do my stomach any favors. The restaurant employees were setting up their mini-stage that they had outside for the bands and concerts they would hire to play.

"Are you okay?" Nick leaned over close to my ear.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I lied with a small smile.

"I know you aren't. How are you feeling from last night? I'm sorry I didn't ask you this morning." Nick asked genuinely.

He seemed concerned for my health, which was extremely attractive.

"I'm fine, I promise. Just tired, that's all," I replied, widening my smile as I squeezed his hand. Tired was a word I used far to often now a days. For school it was acceptable, but for life in general, I needed to fix that as soon as possible. Especially if I was going to be having a baby.

The words racing through my brain sent more nausea to my stomach. I was not about to puke again; I refused. The boys were getting ready to sing for us and I will not let my stupid nausea ruin this moment.

Once the boys got on stage, they each took a seat side by side and grabbed their microphones. There weren't any instruments on stage so I guess they were going to sing it a capella.

Brandon started humming a tune and making a beat on the box under his chair as the rest of the band followed his lead harmonizing with him beautifully.

Zion began to sing, "Don't ask why, I can paint a picture of you in my mind."

As he kept going, I knew this song was going to be a tear-jerker. If Zion's part was this sweet, I could only imagine what Nick's verse would be. He could be really sensitive and sweet when he wanted to be, so I was intrigued on what he had come up with. The boys were so talented alone, so together in a band, they were astounding.

I looked over at Alison to notice how into the song she was, or maybe she was just into Zion. Whichever it was, she was smiling like an idiot. It was cute.

I looked back at the stage and instantly made eye contact with Nick as Edwin started to sing. I flashed my eyes to Emily for a split second as she was contemplating life. I don't think she knew what she wanted. That would definitely be a topic for a conversation we needed to have later.

As I paid close attention to the lines in this song, it made my heart swell. This was the sweetest song I had ever heard. The fact that the boys were serenading us made the moment even sweeter.

Brandon's verse came up in the chorus and hearing all of the boys harmonize together made me a bit emotional.

"I just can't take my eyes off of you, tell me anything you wanna do." Brandon stared a little too hard at Emily while he was singing, which Edwin noticed. Wow, that's going to be an awkward topic to explain.

I still don't think Edwin knew about Brandon and Emily yet either. Emily seemed uneasy at first, but I could tell she melted into Brandon's verse as he serenaded her. The boys sang this song with so much compassion, you could tell they really loved their profession. I could tell Nick's verse was coming up because he immediately looked down at the ground in some sort of effort to silently build up his confidence. As he started to sing, he lifted his head up and locked eyes with mine. His action made my eyes tear up, and his voice along with the things that were coming out of his mouth sent my emotions over the edge as a tear slid down my face.

"Don't ask why, every little thing you do just drives me wild. Alright, don't be shy. Come a little closer light my world on fire." As he drug out the fire at the end of his verse, a smile etched itself onto my face along with a shade of red to my cheeks. Nick had a beautiful voice.

By the end of the second chorus, the boys left Nick to sing solo as he sang the tune of the song by himself. I fell in love with his voice all over again sitting there listening to that beautiful sound. I noticed I had rested my chin on my hand that was propped up on the table, basically drooling over Nick. The smile he had brought to my face wouldn't go away, but the nausea seemed to. I was completely lost in him as Austin's solo came up and he walked off stage to Ansley.

'Awes' filled the outside patio space as he made his way to her. He took her hand in his and kneeled down as he sang to her. For a split second, I thought he might propose, but I soon felt silly after a few seconds of them just gazing into each other's eyes.

You would think just by looking at this moment from a different perspective that they were lost in each other's eyes, but I think they knew exactly where they were. I swear my heart was going to explode from the amount of love that was radiating off of each one of them. Ansley was a beautiful person, she was always nice to me, even before knowing me.

"There's no touch or feeling, pleasure or pain, anything like the way you're running through my veins. No breath or beauty, no sound or sight, that ever made me feel the way you do tonight."

The boys stopped singing after Austin's verse and the crowd that was so indulged in the boys performance started to clap and cheer for them. Alison, Emily, and I stood up while lightly clapping. They hadn't cried, but I was sure the boys struck their hearts just like Nick had struck through mine.

As Nick walked over to me I gave him a huge hug. "That was the sweetest song I have ever heard. You guys are so talented." I choked out.

"Did you like it?" he asked as he pulled away to study my face.

"I loved it, Nick," I replied while tears began to form again in my eyes.

"Don't cry, please don't cry," he repeated in a soft voice as he used his thumbs to try to wipe my tears away.

"I know, I'm just emotional today, I don't know why," I stated while looking up at him.

His face relaxed as he smiled back down at me.
I was so captivated by Nick. Everything about him was perfect. His smile was flawless, his skin was clear and his eyes were pure and deep. I got lost every time I looked into them, just as Austin and Ansley had done a few seconds prior. I get it. I may not understand it, but what I got from it was that it was beautiful.

I wanted to open up to Nick about possibly being pregnant, but I didn't want to ruin this moment. I couldn't. It was perfect.

I figured I would update one more time tonight.

If you haven't heard Eyes off you by PrettyMuch, you should definitely give it a listen. It is a beautiful song.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

-Tay