Seventy-One

Alison

Amelia's mother really made me want to get violent. I wasn't typically a violent person, but I knew what's right. Regardless, I couldn't stand that fucking woman.

"I'm going to run in and get us a few snacks and fill up," I said while climbing out of the car.

I walked up to the gas station and the door made a 'ding' sound as I pushed it open. I searched the candy section, getting Amelia's favorites which included snickers and nerds. I grabbed two bags of Doritos and headed to the front. As I went to set my stuff on the counter, I noticed a familiar voice chatting behind the lottery tickets. Before he revealed his face, I already knew who he was. AJ. I hadn't spoken to him since we broke it off a few months ago.

"Is this all-" he stopped once he looked up to meet my gaze, "Ali?"

"Hello, AJ," I stated with a pissy tone and squinted my eyes.

"You look good," he said with a smirk looking me up and down.

I didn't have time for this bullshit. I was already on edge.

"Cut the shit and check me out so I can leave," I replied and rolled my eyes.

"I didn't know you were back in town," he said while scanning my items.

"Fourteen dollars," he added after a minute of silence.

The last thing I wanted to do was sit here and have a dumb conversation with him. He fucked me over. What made him think I wanted to have a casual conversation with him after everything he did to me? Years of cheating.

"I heard you're dating some famous wannabe in California now, how did you land that? I know you're good in bed and all, but damn," he chuckled while beginning to bag.

I couldn't help but my roll my eyes at his arrogant comment. Zion actually genuinely cared about me. Something I've never been comfortable saying about AJ. How dare he compare him to a wanna be celebrity? The boys made awesome music. What an asshole. I swiped my card, grabbed the plastic bag, and headed for the door.

"Let me know next time you're in town," he laughed.

"Shut the fuck up, AJ," I spat with a scowl, swinging the door open.

Today was an extremely long day. Thank God Amelia slept on the way home. I couldn't stand to see her cry and that's what she had been doing ever since we left her mother's house.

After what seemed like forever, we were finally about thirty minutes from Panama City and it was getting pretty late. We spent the majority of the afternoon with my mom and dad. I could tell Amelia enjoyed spending time with them.

She wanted to go see her mother again before we left, but I wouldn't allow that. It wouldn't have done any good. If anything, it would've made things worse. I didn't expect today to take such a horrible turn. I knew Amelia wanted her mother to at least understand. She didn't even get the chance to really talk to her. I'm sure she would have if that dick wasn't with her.

I spoke with Nick over the phone in the car while Amelia was sleeping to explain the full story. He was beyond pissed. He told me he would call her dad and explain too. I knew he was eager to know how it went and like the rest of us, hoping it would've gone well. I think we all knew how it would end anyway. We just hoped for the best, for Amelia's sake. You can't change some people though.

Amelia tried her best all throughout her childhood to help her mother, she knew that all too well. I wish I could've taken away all of her pain. I hated to see my best friend hurt. Amelia may have hid it extremely well, but I could see right through her, she was hurt. She always walked around with a knife in her heart put there by her mother.

Today was the day that her mother finally pushed it in deeper, actually piercing it, effecting Amelia. She couldn't hide it anymore, it was in too deep, letting the blood drain just like her feelings toward her mother. Amelia finally knew she was hurt. The way she spoke to her bitch of a mother today, made me so proud of her. She finally spoke out.

This was the beginning of a new era for Amelia.

Happy chapters!

I'm so tired of rain. (Its only been raining for a day) lol

Vote and comment!

-Tay