Seventy-Seven

Amelia

"What the fuck, are you okay?" Nick yelled frantically through the phone.

"Yes, yes. We're fine. My dad just got here, I'll come to your house after, everything is fine. I have to take care of Steffi, I'll call you back in a minute. I love you," I rambled into the phone and pressed end turning my attention fully back to a frightened Steffi.

"Look there's Robert," I smiled while pressing lightly against her back walking her toward the door.

I had already explained my side of the story to the police, so we were free to go.

"Wait in the truck, I'm going to speak to the officers about the men," my dad stated in an angry tone after hugging both of us and kissing our foreheads.

"I want to leave now, I want my mom," Steffi pouted while we sat silently in the truck.

"I know, he's coming. We're about to leave," I quickly replied leading us into a few more minutes of silence.

Steffi spoke again, shocking me with her words.

"My dad used to take me to this Waffle House all the time. That's why I wanted to go," was all she said in a saddened tone.

I really didn't know what to say back to her. I didn't think that Steffi was a mean child, I thought that she was just misunderstood. She wanted her father back, a feeling I could relate to. But I got mine back and she didn't. And for that I was sorry.

"I'm sorry, Steffi," I whispered.

For once she didn't argue with me or hound me for calling her Steffi. She just sat there, quietly.

Nick was at my dad's house when we got there.

"Are you okay?"

He ran up to me and pulled me in for a long tight hug.

"Yes, yes. Relax, I'm fine," I repeated trying to get him off of me.

I wasn't fine. I needed some space.

"Okay," he said hesitantly backing away from me though he smiled slightly to cover it up.

"I'm not mad, Nick, I'm just an emotional wreck on top of all this bullshit happening. I want space, but I want you. I know it's the pregnancy hormones but I can't stand to be pissy with you, especially after what happened today. I was scared as fuck," I vented.

He gave me a sympathetic look to which I walked over to him and hugged him again.

"I love you," I spoke into his grey hoodie, feeling the chill of his chain across my cheek.

"I love you, too. I'm glad you're okay," he replied.

"I have something to tell you," I said while grabbing his hand and leading him to the porch to sit on the swing.

My dad and Steffi had already went inside.

"So, I was thinking about baby names, and I really like the name Benjamin." I looked at Nick and scanned his face for any emotions.

His face brightened to my name, signaling to me that he might've liked it.

"I love it," he replied after a few seconds of silence.

"You do? Its my dad's middle name, but I wanted to use your middle name as well, so I was thinking maybe Benjamin Carter?" I asked hesitantly.

"Babe, I fucking love that idea," he said and pulled me in for a hug while grinning uncontrollably.

I let out a sigh to his reaction. I was hoping he would like the name.

"Benjamin Carter Mara, huh?" he smiled and continued, "Let's go tell your dad."

He jumped up and grabbed my hand pulling me toward the door. I giggled at his eagerness to tell my dad and followed him into the house.

Compared to the events that took place earlier today, the trip home wasn't as eventful. I was kind of glad. I told Alison the name that I wanted to name the baby and along with Nick, she loved the idea. Benjamin Carter Mara. My baby boy finally had a name. Baby B. I couldn't control the amount of joy that ran through my heart every time I thought about this sweet baby boy that was growing inside of me.

Once I got home, I went straight to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day making sure I had everything ready for my online classes. Next week was going to be even busier having to actually take five classes at once. All I could do was pray that everything would go as planned.

Filler chapter, but yay Baby Daddy Nick loves the name! <3

The story is about twenty chapters from being over, so be prepared for a lot more drama and events packed into those chapters!

Also I've added new characters to the character chapter at the beginning of the book! :)

I am thinking about a sequel too...o.O

Vote and comment.

-Tay