Forty-Two

Amelia

"You should drink something Amelia! I know you like to party girl!" Zion yelled from across the living room while he grinded on Alison.

"Okay Zion," I laughed.

I couldn't be mad, he most likely forgot. But I knew he meant well.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back," Nick slurred while stumbling to his feet and heading to the guest bathroom.

I let him go because the word around the house was that Sammi had left. I hadn't seen her in an hour anyway. Fuck her, I'm glad she was gone. She was rude. Out of everything this world needs, rude people aren't on the list. I got caught up in a conversation with Ansley while Nick was gone. We chatted on and on about how she initially met the boys and how her and Austin got together. When I finally realized that I was waiting on Nick, I looked over at the guest bathroom and the door was wide open.

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself as I scanned the room once again for Nick. He wasn't anywhere in sight. Great. I really hope he wasn't passed out somewhere.

"Help me find Nick," I nudged Ansley beside me who grabbed Austin. "It's definitely time for bed now," I replied to myself with a giggle as we checked behind the couches in the living room.

"Have you seen Nick?" I asked Neviah standing next to the stairs talking with his friends.

"He went upstairs looking for you," he replied.

"Thanks!" I chirped thinking all of my problems were solved. That was until I stumbled into Nick's room to a brunette hovering over Nick.

"You've got to be kidding me," I remarked from the door.

"Go the fuck away. I've got some business to take care of," she spat, not even looking my way.

"Please do yourself a favor and leave him alone. I'm sure there are plenty of other guys downstairs that wouldn't mind your skanky lips on their dicks," I replied with a sudden burst of courage.

I didn't know where that came from to be honest.

The longer she stayed there on top of Nick, acting like I wasn't present and watching from the door way, my blood ran hotter and hotter. Until Nick mumbled something that made my blood freeze ice cold.

"Come here, babe."

"That's what I thought." I heard her say and lean down against him. My face and mood instantly became enraged. What the actual fuck?

"Wait, you're not Amelia. Sammi, what are you doing. I already told you no a long time ago," he mumbled again pressing his hands to her shoulders and pushing back slightly.

My face relaxed to nothing but a smirk as I watched him push Sammi off of him. She must have tried this a few times before me and Nick were together too. How pathetic.

I really don't get why some girls are like that. As women, we are better than the images that men have of us. Well, I guess everyone but Sammi.

"Stop playing Nick. I know you want me," she replied as she pushed back down on him.

As my brain sent a signal down to my legs to move and pull her off of him, Nick did the work for me. He shoved her a bit harder this time making her stumble back from the bed.

"Fuck you," she replied and turned to me with a jealous expression.

I chuckled as she bumped past me and ran down the stairs. Her face was nothing but priceless. The next thing I knew, Nick was running past me and into the hall bathroom. I followed and began to rub circles onto his back while he continued to throw up in the toilet.

"You're fine. Let it out," I repeated in a hushed tone.

"You know I love you so much," Nick slurred as I guided him down the hall and back to his room, "You're so good at taking care of me. You always know the right things to say. I always feel better when I'm around you," he continued to rant drunkenly.

I mean, Nick was a lot to handle, but he was so adorable. As I've said before, he was such a sweet and sensitive man. I guess he wasn't even going to mention what happened a few minutes ago. I wonder if he would even remember it himself, or if he knew I was there too.

It boosted my ego to know that Nick actually turned Sammi down without any interference with me. Even completely wasted he could still handle himself. I loved that. I loved him.

I was glad he had so much fun tonight and that everyone had fun, the boys put on an amazing show. They should be so proud. One thing was for sure, I was not ready to see that Sammi bitch again. While I was here, she better stay away from us.

Before I got into bed with Nick, I tapped lightly back to the bathroom and grab the small trash can beside the toilet. I set it beside the bed on Nick's side as I slid under the covers hugging his back and lightly scratching it. I was sure he was already asleep. It was past two in the morning and I was exhausted, but I couldn't help but think about Nick. I was so happy God chose Nick to be the father of my baby. Something inside of me knew that he was the right one.

As scary as it was knowing I was pregnant at such a young age, with no responsible parents of my own, being with Nick made it just that much more simple. It's like I was worried about everything, from school to babies before. Feeling like everything was crashing down around me but being next to Nick, everything felt okay.

Sammi is a roach.

I said what I said!!!!

Vote and comment.

-Tay