Eighty-Eight

Nick

It was almost time for Amelia to walk across the stage and I couldn't be more proud of my baby. Well both of them.

Amelia was so excited this morning when she put on her dress. I had to bite my lip as I scanned over her not being able to unglue my eyes from her body. The dress hugged her curves beautifully. She looked amazing. She always looks amazing.

It was a short ceremony with there only being about sixteen students graduating, so I was happy for that. I didn't like sitting through long ceremonies nor did I want Amelia on her feet for too long. Her ankles had been swelling up a lot lately due to how much she was running around. She didn't realized yet that it was okay for her to take a break and relax, she still liked to go ninety to nothing just like she did before she found out she was pregnant. She tossed and turned a lot during the night but still swore she got enough sleep.

I let her have those arguments, because if I didn't we would be back and forth all night. She would win them anyway so I just learned to let it go.

"Amelia Parker."

I stood up to her name being called just as Mr. Parker, Zion, Alison's mother, and father did and began whistling and clapping for her. She instantly cranked her head sideways as she slowly walked herself across stage and locked her vision on us not being able to contain her smile. I was so proud of that woman. And in love. Damn, was I in love.

"Alison Smith."

As Alison began to climb the steps and walked across the stage, we all stood once again showing her the same amount of love that we showed Amelia. They wouldn't have been able to do it without each other. I was so happy for the both of them, they deserved it. I couldn't hide the grin on my face after the ceremony was finished either. I searched for Amelia in the crowd. When my gaze met hers, I jogged over to her and pulled her in for a hug.

"I am so proud of you! Congratulations!" I shouted.

"Thank you baby. I couldn't have done it without you," she blushed.

"Don't you dare say that, you did this yourself. You deserve all the credit," I said and winked at her.

She gave her father another huge hug and we met up with Alison's parents. We celebrated over a fancy dinner and some drinks. I didn't drink though, I figured I could make Amelia more comfortable if I didn't, although I knew she wanted to.

"To bright futures for our wonderful children." Alison's dad raised his glass to which we raised ours before taking a sip of our drinks.

Amelia, her dad, and I headed back to the room a little earlier than everyone else just because Amelia could barely keep her eyes open.

"My feet hurt so bad," she whined out while I began to rub her feet.

"I know, it's just from the walking," I reminded.

"I love our baby so much don't get me wrong, but I am so ready to have him out and get my body back," she complained wholeheartedly.

"I know, baby, we're getting closer and closer to meeting him everyday," I reminded yet again making my own heart flutter with excitement.

After another ten minutes of rubbing her feet and staying locked into a basketball game on the TV, I turned around to Amelia and noticed that she was asleep. I pulled the comforter over her swollen legs and baby bump and slid into bed next to her. I focused in on the TV again but my mind was preoccupied with anything but the game.

In less than two months we would have a baby boy. I loved thinking about him. It was hard to describe the warm yet powerful feeling that flowed through my veins when I thought or talked about him. I wondered constantly what his personality would be like, what he would look like or even what hair color he was going to have. If he looked like me that would be awesome.

What if he could sing?

I played football in high school, and I know Amelia played tennis, so he would have to be sporty. If he didn't like sports though I was sure I would be overly excited to watch him do anything. I couldn't wait to be a dad.

Short chapter, but I just wanted to give another Nick POV before shit got dramatic!

Get ready for it.

Vote and comment!

-Tay