Thirty-Eight

Nick

When we finally got done editing the video it was close to three in the morning. Austin and Edwin had already left to head to sleep but Zion, Brandon, and I stayed up to add the finishing touches. I was quite impressed with what we were able to create.

That's the best part about this job. Not only do I get to do what I love, but i'm good at it. I love creating. The fact that what I create is admired by other people is pretty damn cool. I get paid for it, too.

As Zion and I walked into the living room, we stumbled upon Edwin and Emily cuddled up together in the recliner.

"They look comfortable," Zion chuckled.

"Where's Alison?" I asked only noticing Amelia sleeping on the couch.

"Here," she stated lightly closing the guest bathroom door behind her.

"Hey Ali, you ready for bed?" Zion asked while taking her hand and guiding her up the stairs.

They continued to mumble back and forth while they headed up the stairs. I turned my attention to Amelia sleeping on the couch. I kneeled down beside her and gently run my hand across her cheek pushing the hair out of her face and behind her ear.

She looked so peaceful while she lightly snored. I couldn't possibly think about waking her up. Especially knowing how much she already woke up during the night. She hid it well, but I noticed.

I stood up, sliding one arm under her legs and the other under her arm and neck lifting her into me. Her head fell to my chest and she slightly moaned while stirring against me, but she didn't wake up.

As I started up the stairs, the bottom one creaked to my step. I froze for a solid minute, making sure I didn't wake anyone up. I looked over into the living room to Edwin and Emily still sleeping soundly.

When I got to my room and closed the door with my foot, I laid her down and covered her with my comforter. I would go ahead and get in bed with her, but I wasn't tired. I pulled up my desk chair and sat beside the bed, staring at her sweet face. Her eyelids fluttered in her sleep, probably due to dreams. I wondered if she dreamt about me like I did about her every night. This girl had no idea what kind of effect she had on me. She was completely clueless.

Beautifully clueless.

Her presence had the power to make my day alone. I could picture my life like this, sleeping with Amelia every night. Soon, we would have a baby. I haven't taken the time to fully think about the baby yet. Every time I really get into thinking about it I stopped myself. I don't know why, it just gave me anxiety. As much as I wanted to introduce Amelia to my parents before, it makes it a little more nerve raking and difficult to do that now, under these circumstances. But I think I am ready.

My mother always told me that babies are a blessing, no matter the situation. I think it would be better and easier for us to have my parents support. I knew neither of us really knew what we were doing. I haven't talked to Amelia much about her family. All I knew was that her mom was horrible and her dad died when she was younger.

Her mother won't even tell her how he died or when, she always changed the subject. I know that killed Amelia inside by the way that her face fell every time she talked to me about it. But it was always the same conversation, she knew nothing about her father even though I know she wants to know everything. She was truly a strong woman and she deserved so much more.

Filler chapter but such a sweet one. Who knew Nick was such a softie? :)

Vote and comment!

-Tay