Twenty-Six

Nick

I wanted so badly to tell Amelia that we had already started on a new song. She always made me feel like I was doing good, telling me how proud she was of me all the time. It felt good to have her around. She didn't even know what song we were going to be making the music video for either.

The other boys had been working on some lyrics after our meeting again today, but I just couldn't concentrate enough to put mine together. She was all I could think about. It was seriously weird. This feeling of lust was foreign.

We had spoken to our manager at our meeting to get times together when the film crew would be on the beach tomorrow. The song that we had chosen to make a music video for was one called "One Shot."

Since we had been throwing a bunch of new lyrics back and forth lately, our manager told us to save them for an EP that we could drop in a few weeks after our music video was done.

"Do you want to go somewhere so we can talk?" Amelia's soft voice broke through my thoughts.

"Sure," I replied, scrunching my eyebrows in confusion.

I wonder what she needed to talk to me about and why she was giving off weird vibes. She grabbed my hand and we walked out of the hotel room where our friends barley even noticed our presence missing and down the hall next to the windows. Amelia sat down against the wall, pulling me with her and crossed her legs. She let out a deep breath and began to stumble on her words.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her beginning to get a little worried.

"I... umm."

"You can tell me anything Mela," I comfort, grabbing her hand and gently rubbing the pad of my thumb across the top of it. Her skin was always so soft. She never had any acne or bumps, yet I never saw her do one skin care routine, like the other girls I have dated have done. The majority of the female population swear by it.

As I gazed down at her lightly red complexion, her eyes darted up to mine. I loved getting lost in those big brown eyes.

The next words she spoke made my heart stop. My mouth became bone dry when she finished her sentence with the word 'pregnant.' I tried to laugh it off, hoping she was joking.

"Nick, I'm so sorry. I made sure that each time we used protection," she pleaded with me.

I didn't know what to say, I was speechless. Amelia was pregnant? I made sure we were safe each time we-

"Holy shit," was all I could muster up.

I knew Amelia shouldn't even be apologizing to me, but I just couldn't find the words to speak. As she began to cry, I stood myself up and backed into the wall.

I was just starting out my career, I didn't have time for a child? What the hell was I supposed to do? I'm in a fucking boyband, we don't have any business having children. My managers are going to kill me. My parents are going to kill me.

"Umm, have you thought about abortion?" I looked down at her to notice her expression had immediately changed from sympathetic to furious.

"No? Why the fuck would you ask me that?" Her face now more horrified than furious.

This is a side of Amelia that I have yet to see. I realized my question was complete douchey, out of character, and rude.

Why the fuck did I say that?

Not wanting to fuck up this conversation further, I turned on my heel and began to fast walk down the hall to the elevator. Without turning back, I stepped onto the elevator and made my way down and out of the hotel building. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew damn well I needed a moment to myself.

What have I done?

Ouchhh.

Short chapter but I've been reading yalls comments and DMs and I had to update!

Wish me luck on my midterms, I am still going to try to update tomorrow again with a longer chapter!

Thanks for the votes and comments!

-Tay