Twenty-Seven

Amelia

I watched as Nick awkwardly made his way down the hall at a fast pace and disappeared into the elevator. I had to close my mouth due to how much air I was catching from leaving it open in shock.

What just happened? I thought to myself as I watched my worst nightmare become a reality in front of my eyes. I was pretty sure Nick had left me. And to be honest, I didn't blame him. He was young and enjoying his career. He didn't need all of this.

I dramatically raked my fingers through my hair and threw my head back to where it bumped against the wall a little too hard. Ouch.

I slowly gathered myself off of the hotel floor after a few minutes of bawling my eyes out and slowly walked back into the hotel room. Alison caught one glimpse of me before I retreated into the bathroom and followed closely behind me. She locked the door behind us and pulled me in for a tight hug. I silently sobbed onto her shoulder as she asked the question I was dreading to hear.

"Did Nick leave?"

"He's not here is he?" I continued to cry, her shirt now becoming damp as I lifted my head to look at her.

She cupped my face and wiped my tears away with her thumbs.

"Are you serious? Mela, I'm so sorry!" she replied, pulling me to her once again.

"I think we should go home," I sadly stated.

After a few minutes of trying to convince me to stay, Alison agreed and exited the bathroom. I shut the door behind her and began to clean up my face. I heard the muffled voices outside the bathroom door of Alison explaining why we are cutting our trip short. I felt awful for having to drag the girls back with me so soon, but I felt even worse about my situation with Nick.

As I opened the door to the bathroom, I was shocked to just find everyone but Zion and Brandon in the room.

"Where did they go?" I asked.

"They went to find Nick. I think he needs to talk to you," Emily replied to me while hugging me.

"I'm going to start packing," I stated while I began to pick up my clothes and fold them neatly in my suitcase. The girls followed behind me while Edwin sat next to me and threw his arm around my shoulders.

"We will always be here for you, Mela. Anytime. Everything is going to be okay. We all love you. Nick just needs some time. I know he'll come around. He's not a bad guy."

"I know. I know," I replied.

I know I sprung a lot on him at once but I didn't want to make the mistake of not telling him and him finding out from someone else. I knew in my heart Nick would come around. If there was any chance I could run away from it for a few more days I would too. I kissed Edwin's cheek and gave him a small smile as the boys left us alone to finish packing.

"We can leave in the morning," I spoke up as I zipped up my suitcase and flopped on the bed. It was getting pretty late and I was exhausted.

"Okay," Alison replied sadly.

She climbed into bed with me as did Emily and turned on the TV. Ansley had left with Austin and Edwin earlier. I honestly wouldn't mind talking to Nick again before I left, but part of me thought that it would be better to just give him time. I snuggled in between both of my best friends and fell asleep. Even though I had both of them beside me, I still felt alone.

The next morning was filled with endless pleas to have breakfast with the boys. I didn't budge. I was not in the mood to see the boys, or Nick. I woke up in a very angry mood. I had no idea why I was so mad, I just was.

I stayed back and made sure everything was packed and ready to go while the girls went with the boys to eat breakfast. Alison promised to bring me something back so I could eat it, but I was feeling nauseous anyways. I had to take some time to myself to get myself together and ready to head to my OBGYN when we got home.

So, when the girls got back, I wasted no time loading up the car and heading out. I know Emily and Alison wanted to stay and I wished they could have, but I needed to get home ASAP.

The whole ride home, Alison was talking about planning a trip to California before summer was up, so they would see the boys soon. I tried not to feel that bad about everything.

I needed to see my OBGYN to officially confirm
I was pregnant. And after, I had to do something I had been dreading ever since last night,

call my mother.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

What do you guys think?

-Tay