Forty

Amelia

Nick's mom was probably the sweetest woman that I had ever met. After horribly stressing out about giving her the news that I was pregnant with her son's baby, she took it well. She seemed genuinely happy. I know it wasn't perfect timing, but she made it seem like it isn't a big deal. Obviously we were grown adults and we were going to take responsibility for our actions.

When lunch was over along with the stress, Nick headed off to the bathroom, leaving me and Debbie to chat.

"Amelia, sweetie, are you feeling okay?" she asked kindly.

"Yes ma'am. I've been having morning sickness off and on but mainly I am just tired," I replied truthfully.

"I love my son, but he was a horrible child to carry. That boy gave me so much morning sickness and heartburn up until the day he was born," she laughed. "You know, Nick told me a little about your family. I can tell he really cares for you. More than I have seen him care for anyone," she paused, taking my hand in hers, "He will do the right thing, don't ever worry about that and I know he will love this baby. I know that your mother may not agree with me, but all babies are a blessing, planned or not. We fully support you."

"That means so much to me," I replied, standing to give her a hug.

"Amelia, everything will work out. I want you to know that I am so excited for you," she said and smiled up at me from her chair.

"Are we ready to go?" Nick asked as he walked up to us embracing.

"Yep," I smiled.

The only thing left to do was tell my mother, and damn was I dreading that. I'll save that for another day, I've had enough stress today to last a lifetime.

When we arrived home, the boys headed down to the venue to set up early. The show wasn't scheduled to start until seven, but they boys wanted to rehearse one last time before to make sure everything was sorted out. It was extremely adorable to see the boys all worked up and nervous about a show. The fact that they were putting on this show to help the Comic Relief Organization was awesome.

We stayed around the house the rest of the evening and interacted with the boys family members that flew in before we all piled into a limo and left. PrettyMuch did an awesome job at advertising this event, and I realized it the minute we pulled up to the packed out venue. This venue was a lot bigger than the venue in New Orleans that Emily, Alison and I attended. Nick mentioned yesterday that they were worried about not filling all of the seats, but I had no doubt they would be able to pull it off. They were amazing.

As we began to walk in the front of the building, there were photographers and paparazzi waiting outside, which was something I was not used to seeing or experiencing. The bright flashes seemed endless as Alison walked beside me with her arm hooked through mine.

I didn't really know what to do in a situation like this, so I just kept a smile on my face. I would not want them to publish an ugly picture of me, if I was ever famous, that would be my only fear. I was sure of it. I was also pretty worried that someone would spill about my pregnancy before I had the chance to tell my close relatives and friends first. Oh God, I'm not ready for that. Alison loved the extra attention, but me, I would rather keep to myself. I didn't need it, nor did I want it.

Jeff lead us up to the VIP balcony where we had a perfect view of the stage.

"This is honestly like a dream. We are so lucky, Mela," Alison whispered into my ear.

"I know. I'm so glad that you're here with me," I replied while squeezing her into a hug.

"How are you liking Zion's parents?" I asked her curiously.