Thirty-Nine

Nick

"So, boys, I trust everything has been well?" Simon's British accent tore through the small room.

We all weren't sure why Simon flew in, or why he was meeting with us. Maybe we were in trouble? Of course, that's the first thing we thought of.

"You aren't in trouble. In fact, I am very impressed with how your tour ended. You guys were a huge hit. And I even got word that you've been producing new music and videos? That's awesome but I have a proposition for you," Simon added.

"Thank you sir! And anything, what do you need?" Brandon cut in.

"So, a few years back, my other popular creation 'One Direction' helped raise money for a charitable organization and I was wondering if I could get you guys to help out with another one," Simon asked thoughtfully.

"That would be awesome. We would love to. How can we help?" Austin interjected while we all agreed.

"I can book you out another venue for another tour show here in LA if you guys are up for it? All of the proceeds would go to the Comic Relief Organization, the same one that the boys in One Direction raised money for. I figured since you were a huge hit the first time you preformed in LA, we could really make a difference in these kids lives again," Simon finished.

"I think that is a great idea," I smiled up at the man who made our dreams come true.

I loved the idea of actually helping out another organization.

"When will the show be?" Brandon spoke up from the chair behind me.

"I'll speak with your manager and sort everything out. Just brush up on your singing and choreography before the show, I know it's been a minute. Keep up the good work boys," Simon laughed while dismissing us.

"Guys, this is dope. We need to advertise the shit out of this." Zion hyped us up as we left the office.

I think this was a great opportunity that Simon was giving us.

Over the next few days, we decided to practice a hell of a lot. All of our friends were supposed to be there, including Amelia. Our families agreed to fly out, too. I didn't know if I was nervous about performing again for Amelia and my mother or actually telling my family the news. I definitely needed to talk to Amelia before I do anything drastic first.

The concert was set for Friday night at one of our biggest venues. We had been practicing with Ian almost everyday for hours preparing and remembering our sequences and dances. We even added new choreography to add into the show to go with our new singles 'Blind' and 'Eyes Off You.' We had barely been hanging out with the girls over the past two days, but they were shopping and doing girly things, so we weren't too worried about it.

It was now Friday morning, and Amelia and I were on our way to pick up my Mom. My dad couldn't get off of work and my brother was busy with his wife, they just announced their second pregnancy. My mom was enough though.

"What if she doesn't like me?" Amelia broke my thoughts while I searched for a parking spot at the airport.

"Amelia, we have to drop the biggest bomb on my mom today and you're worried about if she will like you or not?" I laughed pulling into a parking spot a bit farther away from the building than I wanted.

"She's going to love you. Everything will be okay," I said while opening my drivers side door.

I walked around and opened her door while extending my hand out to her to help her out of the car. I pulled her into me and embraced her in a tight hug.

"If I love you, then I know she will," I said without even thinking.

"What?" She pulled away and looked at me with wide eyes.

"I love you, Amelia." I replied while looking deep into her big brown eyes.

Tears started to brim in her eyes as she pushed into me again. I held her tight while chanting 'don't cry,' trying not to worry myself that she didn't say it back immediately.

"I love you too, Nick," she let out in a muffled voice due to her face in my chest.

"Really?" I replied, a bit shocked.

"Yes," she smiled up at me. I take my thumbs across the bottom of her eyes wiping the tears away and bring her lips to mine. I really hoped today goes as planned. It has so much potential to be amazing.

Once we finally met up with my mom, I introduced her to Amelia and they instantly hit it off. I knew they would. My mom was probably the nicest person on the earth, and Amelia the sweetest soul.

"You know I'm only staying until tomorrow, right son?" my mom stated while chewing on a piece of bread.

We took her out to lunch in hopes to drop the news on her easily.

"Yeah I know. I'm just glad that you could come," I said as I smiled at her and grabbed her hand.

"We have something to tell you," I trailed off squeezing her hand.

"What is it?" she asked with a look of concern crossing her face.

"We, umm," Amelia stuttered.

I knew she didn't want to ruin the good impression she made on my mom, so I guess I was going to have to take one for the team.

"Amelia is pregnant," I simply stated watching my mother's eyes widen.

Silence filled the area around our table and I didn't know if it was just me but the restaurant seemed to escalate in its temperature making it ten times hotter.

"Congratulations!" she exclaimed after a few seconds of the silence.

"What?" I asked not believing what I'd heard.

I was expecting to have a yelling match or at least get a lecture from her. A wave of relief washed over me as I stood along with my mother to give her a hug.

"I have two more grand babies on the way now! How exciting is this?" she said while hugging Amelia.

Amelia's face was priceless. Today might actually be the perfect day. I just hoped that tonight went as planned too.

Concert time! Although I'm still waiting on the boys to announce the NOLA reschedule date (which I don't think is going to happen) I'm excited to reminisce in the FOMO department.

7,000 reads for the next chapter!

I miss FOMO :(

Vote and comment! Love y'all.

-Tay