Sixty-Four

Amelia

"You're literally perfect," I whispered to Nick as we lay side by side in his bed staring at each other.

Everything about this man was flawless.

"Pretty sure that's you, babe," he replied with a smile.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my lower stomach that got worse with every second. I winced in pain earning a concerned look from Nick.

"What's wrong?" he worriedly asked propping himself up on his elbows.

"I don't kno- Holy shit!" I shouted, gripping at my lower stomach as another painful ache shot through my stomach.

My belly was a lot bigger than I'd imagined.

"Something is wrong," I whispered when the aching died down.

"Let's go to the hospital," Nick urged, getting up from the bed.

I slung the sheets off of my body and gazed down at my huge stomach. I couldn't even see my feet.

As I moved to get out of the bed, I noticed it was wet. What the hell? I looked down and saw red. Everything was red.

"N-Nick," I stuttered out. "I'm bleeding," I finished, not even wanting to hear my own words.

I knew what this meant. I needed to go to the hospital as soon as possible.

This couldn't be happening.

I wouldn't let this happen.

I looked to my left and saw that Nick wasn't there anymore. Holy fuck, I didn't know what to do. I needed to go to the hospital. Another painful ache shot through my stomach not even giving me time to panic about the fact that Nick just disappeared, this one hurting far more than the others before it. I doubled over the side of the bed holding onto my stomach.

"Aahhh," I said as I tried to calm myself down, lifting my head to scan the room for Nick once more.

Damnit, I'll just have to take myself to the hospital.

Something was wrong. I was scared and all I wanted was Nick.

"You can't carry a baby Amelia, what were you thinking? You'll be a horrible mother, just like me," a brunette woman spoke as she came into view.

"What?" I questioned, realizing it was none other than my mother. "I was going to tell you," I trailed off, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I already knew. I knew you'd fuck up sooner or later," she stated blankly, taunting me.

Her tall, slender frame stood there in the doorway, towering over me.

"This baby isn't a mistake. I'm going to be a great mothe-" I doubled back over in pain as I clutched onto my stomach for dear life.

All I could do was scream. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't do this. This was bad. I could feel it in every inch of my body.

"Mom," I whimpered looking up to an empty hospital room.

My God where the fuck was Nick.  I just needed Nick.

"Why couldn't you do it? What is wrong with you? You killed our son." Nick walked into the room with tears draining down his eyes.

The sorrow in his voice was prominent.

"W-What?" I stuttered out realizing I was laying in a hospital bed.

I looked down at my slightly elevated but flat stomach.

"Where's my baby?" I asked while tears streamed down my face.

I didn't feel any sharp pains anymore, I just felt numb. Absolutely numb.

My vision went blurry to Nick shaking his head at me and my mother standing beside him, laughing.

Vote and comment!

-Tay