Twenty-Four

Amelia

The boys generously paid for our meal and we walked down the wooden ramp and onto the beach. Of course that wasn't before all of the boys took off and jumped over the fence and landed into the sand. What goofy children they were. Having all of the boys together was like having to work at a daycare for a few hours. You're extremely overwhelmed with trying to watch and keep up with all of the children at once.

I took off my heels at the beginning of the sand, as did the other girls and began to run next to the glistening water. It was actually really hot outside, and the fact that I had on black pants wasn't helping. The wind was blowing my hair in all sorts of directions when Nick ran up beside me.

As he let the water run up to his feet he flinched a bit by how cold it was. If I wasn't too busy paying attention to him, I'm sure I would've flinched too.

"Nick, that song, it was beautiful," I stated as I stepped closer to him.

"You're beautiful," he replied while wrapping his hands around my waste and pulling me to him completely. I snaked my arms around his torso as well.

The space between mine and Nick's bodies disappeared, just as any feeling of butterflies and nausea did in my stomach. I looked up at him, quietly obsessing over his complexion. His jawline was sharp. That was so attractive. Nick ducked his head down and placed his lips tenderly across mine. We held it for a solid minute, taking it in.

Once I pulled away, there was a smile evident on my face. I was truly happy in this moment. I buried my face into his shirt as another wave rushed across our feet and up to our ankles. I let out a playful shriek and ran away from it.

As the sand stuck to my feet from them getting drenched with water, a cold breeze blew which made me cross my arms and hold them as close as I could to my body.

The sun had gone behind a cloud for a split second which felt like forever making it a little chilly on the beach, especially the wetness on my feet and around my ankles and calves. Nick must have noticed because before I could think about the sun any further, he grabbed me by my waist and flung me onto his shoulders while he ran towards Zion and Alison who were dying laughing.

As I held on, basically upside down, for dear life, I realized Nick's body was warm. There was a certain element of his warmness that made me most comfortable around him. I couldn't pinpoint it.

Once we were done frolicking about and splashing each other with the extremely cold ocean water, the boys dropped us off at our hotel to go to another meeting about their music video.

"Is it okay if I hang with you guys for a few hours while the boys rehearse?" Ansley said as she followed us into our hotel lobby.

"Of course! You're always welcome," I replied quickly. I gave her a warm smile to which she returned to me and stepped onto the elevator with us.

After about forty-five minutes of us flipping through channels and finding nothing to watch, Alison spoke up and said, "So, Ansley. Since you're officially our friend now, we have something to tell you. You are obviously going to find out anyway because we have to go to the store for it, but I think Mela should tell you."

I sat up on the bed and crossed my legs while I gave Alison an eat shit look. I wasn't ready to tell her yet. I didn't even know if I was pregnant. I guess I would end up telling her anyway though. What the hell, here goes nothing.

"So, I might be pregnant," I blankly stated.

Ansleys face was priceless. "Oh my goodness, really?" she answered.

"Yep, want to go to the store with us to find out?" Alison asked.

"Sure. Let's go," she instantly got up from the bed and slid her shoes on, as did we.

We called an Uber and rode to the nearest CVS. I purchased a pack of two tests and began to self-check out. I was already embarrassed enough to be getting yet another pregnancy test, I wanted as less people to see me as possible. I wish I would've brought my other one from home, these tests were expensive as shit.

Once we got back to the hotel, I bought a bottle of water from the lobby vending machine and we heading back up to our room.

"Have fun," Alison sarcastically stated as she shoved me into the bathroom and closed the door.

I looked down at the box and set it on the counter. I took a huge deep breath and began to chug my water bottle.

After a few minutes, I was ready to go. I sat down and made sure to get some on the stick. I set it on the counter with a piece of toilet power underneath and cleaned myself up while I waited. This time I didn't step out and let Alison look for me. I needed to grow up. I was going to do this myself.

After contemplating life while staring at the wall for a good five minutes, I turned around and focused in on the test.

Holy fuck.

Awh hell.

Here we go!

Vote and comment please!

4,000 reads for the next chapter!

-Tay