Forty-Five

Nick

My face was white as a sheet when we entered the hospital. I immediately ran up to the front desk and asked for Amelia's name and room number.

"Amelia Parker," I stated nervously.

"Okay, let me check." The receptionist smiled at me and began to tap on her computer.

"Or Austin Porter, or Ansley Mitchell?" Edwin butted in.

The receptionist looked up at Edwin to nod and continued to tap on her keyboard.

"So I have Miss. Ansley Mitchell in room 200 with Austin Porter and Miss. Amelia Parker looks like she's getting an x-ray," she stated with a smile still present on her face.

"That means she's okay right?" I asked again, a bit louder this time.

"I am not sure, I don't know what shape she was in when she arrived. All her file says is that she is in the x-ray room. They should have more information for you shortly upstairs," she frowned at me.

Ansley didn't say much over the phone. Just that everyone was technically okay and that they were headed to the hospital in an ambulance.

Fuck. The baby. I was worried. I didn't want Amelia hurt. I had just come to terms with the fact that we were having a baby and I was terrified that that might be all over now.

As I ran to the elevator, everyone followed me with worried looks on their faces. I couldn't imagine how bad I looked right now. I probably looked like a nutcase. I just wanted to see Amelia. I wanted to know she was okay. I wanted to know if the baby was okay. I should've fucking rode home with her.

"It's gonna be okay man," Edwin said while patting my back bringing me into him.

I wrapped my arm around him for a solid second before the elevator doors opened and I jolted forward into the hallway in search for the hospital room.

Alison's face looked distraught as we followed the room numbers down the hallway until we reached room 200. I lightly knocked on the door while pushing it open.

"Hey guys," Austin smiled as he stood from the edge of the hospital bed he was sitting on.

Ansley was flipping through channels on the T.V.

"You okay man?" Zion asked noticing his wrapped wrist and bruised right arm while pulling him in for a hug.

"We're fine, I just fractured my wrist. It was a pretty nasty wreck though. We got t-boned by a big ass truck," he answered while hugging all of us.

"How is Amelia? Do you know why she is getting x-rays? Is the baby okay?" I rambled while hugging Ansley.

They honestly looked a bit banged up, so I could only imagine how Amelia looked.

"She is pretty beat up but she is fine. And they wanted to check her legs because they almost got stuck under the dashboard," she replied with a frown.

"Oh my God," Alison remarked while tears began to slide down her face.

"Holy shit," Brandon replied.

"They popped her shoulder back in place in the ambulance, but everything else seemed fine. She just has a bunch of cuts from the glass," Ansley added.

"She should be out any minute. We didn't want to wait in the waiting room so they told us we could have our own room to wait in," Austin spoke.

This is all fucked up. Amelia is supposed to be here on a fun trip. A vacation almost and she's hurt now. She got hurt and I wasn't there to protect her.

"But the baby?" Alison repeated.

"We were in the room while they did the ultrasound, they said they are going to run more tests, but that the baby looked fine," Ansley smiled at Alison as she patted me on the back.

Relief washed over Alison's face as she pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Thank God," she sighed in my ear.

"You could've led with that," I sighed with a slight smile.

"If there is one thing I know about Mela, it's that she's a strong girl. She'll be okay." Alison looked at me with a hopeful expression.

I really wanted nothing more than to see Amelia right now. I didn't care about the bullshit 'emotional support' and people trying to make me feel better. I just wanted to be with her.

Short chapter, but I wanted to post again before I called it a night!

What are you thinking so far? I want to say thank you guys for all of the support!

Vote and comment!

-Tay