Twenty-Nine

Amelia

Yesterday was hard.

Now, I was in the comfort of my own dorm and my own bed after what seemed like the longest drive of my life. I had never felt so at war with myself. Alison was currently sleeping in because she stayed up till the crack of dawn last night FaceTiming Zion. I spent the whole night pretending to be asleep so I didn't have to talk with them, or Nick, although I heard all of their conversations. I felt like I had gotten little to no sleep at all.

From overhearing their conversation, I knew that Nick was hurt. That he was sorry. I don't think it was me giving him time anymore, I think I was trying to give myself time. I had called early this morning to the clinic to make an appointment with my OBGYN. She told me she could fit me in at noon today, and I accepted.

It was pushing ten now, so I slung myself out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Alison told me last night that she would accompany me to my appointment as long as it wasn't too early. I figured I would wake her up when I was finished with my shower.

I cranked the dial all the way to the right for maximum hotness to wake myself up, making my skin a reddish color. I threw on a t-shirt and shorts when I was finished with my steaming hot shower and walked across the room to nudge Alison.

"Hey, lets get up. You promised you'd go with me to my appointment, Ali."

"I know, but it's too early," she groaned while wiping her eyes. I rolled my eyes at her for being dramatic and went to throw on my Nikes.

It took Alison all of ten minutes to get ready. She, as did I, threw on an oversized shirt but paired hers with leggings.

"You ready?" she asked me taking in a deep breath.

"Nope," I replied while opening the door and following her down the hall.

I was more than ready to get this appointment over with. I had no idea what I was doing, but I was glad to have my best friend next to me every step of the way. I was going to make sure I was pregnant before I called my mom.

Once we arrived at the clinic, I checked in and began to fill out paperwork. When I walked back up to the check-in desk to turn it in, I was greeted with a familiar, fake voice.

"Hey girl. Didn't expect to see you here. Just a check up?" she asked sarcastically.

"Yes, Sydney," I remarked while setting the clipboard down in front of her and retreating back to my seat.

"That isn't..." Alison laughed.

"It is," I replied with a disgusted face.

Sydney goes to the same college as Alison and I. Luckily, we didn't have the sour pleasure of her being in our classes last semester, but we still saw her around campus. She was probably the fakest out of all the females at our school. She despised us. It kind of scared me that she worked at the clinic I am attending today.

"I'm nervous now. Do you think she would ever-"

Alison cut me off knowing exactly what I was going to say, "Of course not. Patient confidentiality, remember. She could lose her job. I would make sure of it."

I calmed down a bit before another lady with bright blue eyes and blonde hair lead me to the back to take some blood work. Alison met me back in a patient room when I was finished and we waited.

After what seemed like forever, the doctor finally came in. "Miss Amelia. It seems that you are in fact pregnant! You are just shy of four weeks," she smiled down at me.

The room immediately felt fifty degrees hotter. I knew it. I gave her a fake smile as she continued to explain the upcoming appointments and what vitamins I should look into getting. I typed most of what she said out in my notes so I didn't forget, along with the prenatal vitamins she suggested that would be best for me.

"Your due date is looking to be January twenty-fourth," she smiled at me handing me a copy of everything we discussed today. I rolled my eyes thinking that I just typed all of that for nothing.

After we discussed my symptoms and medications further, she sent me back to the front desk to make my next appointment in a month.

"I hear congratulations are in order," Sydney smiled up at me from her computer.

I rolled my eyes while sarcastically mouthing 'thank you' and snatched the appointment card from her. Alison gave her a fake smile as we exited the clinic.

"I'm gonna take you to lunch. Anywhere you and my little baby want to go," Alison stated as she climbed into the drivers side of the car. I could tell she was trying to make me feel better and get my mind off of everything that was weighing me down and that was truly why I loved her. I knew that the minute I told her I was pregnant in Miami that she was happy, she was just mainly conflicted because of the time and placement of the news.

I knew in my heart she would always be there for me no matter what.

Nick

I couldn't believe that Amelia really left. It was something that had been hanging over me the past few days of being here in Miami without her. I was kind of relieved we were making the music video on behalf of a saddish song, because that had been my mood lately, sad. Today was our last day shooting and I was exhausted.

We had a mini photo-shoot earlier this evening, but the only pictures that came of me were depressing and serious looking ones. I saw one of them, the night casted shadows on my face, making the bags under my eyes pop. I looked and felt like shit. All I could think about was her.

I had texted Amelia a few times but she has yet to reply. It was hitting me hard, yes, but I can't blame her for being upset with me, I was the one who walked away.

The biggest mistake of my life.

The pain and dullness that filled my heart was so strong. It made me feel nauseated twenty-four seven. I just wanted to be with her, I wanted to apologize, I wanted to just love her.

Y'all aren't ready for the next chapter. It's very sappy.

:) vote and comment.

-Tay