Fifty-One

Nick

Mr. Parker asked off for today to spend with Amelia. I thought it was a great idea to spend some alone time with him to really get a chance to get to know him better. Especially since she only had a short amount of time left here. I also thought it was great that he lived close to me too, that meant she had more of a reason to visit. Maybe she could eventually move here. Damn, wouldn't that be awesome.

I wouldn't have to worry about her getting hurt or the baby getting hurt with me being so far away. I wanted to spend time with Amelia, yes, but I couldn't dream of taking away the time she needed to make up with her father. The way her eyes sparkled when she saw him or spoke of him was astounding.

Last night during dinner, he had her laughing so hard she was almost crying. We had some work to do today anyway finishing and rehearsing a new song we had been working on at the studio. We were planning on sticking all of our new songs on a new album. The fans had been begging for a new one, since it had been almost a year since we released our last album.

"Hey man, can I talk to you?" Edwin whispered while we walked out of the studio for the day.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked concerned.

"Emily has been kind of distant again lately. I thought all that bullshit was done with, seeing as how she told me what she had with Brandon was over, but Brandon and Maggie have been having a lot of problems and arguing nonstop lately and now Emily acts like we are having problems too," he explained.

"Have you talked with her about this?" I asked curiously with a confused face.

"No, I feel like that will actually lead to an argument," he replied.

"That's tough man. I think the best thing to do is honestly just talk about it. Tell her what's on your mind, and even if it ends badly, at least you'll know," I answered thoughtfully.

Edwin nodded at me and then followed me out to the Uber to join the rest of the boys. I patted his back as he climbed in and sent him a small smile.

When we got home, Edwin immediately took Emily to the back patio and sat her down. I was kind of glad he took my advice. Knowing was so much better than not knowing. I flopped myself on the couch and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I began to type in my passcode and search through my messages for an unread one from Amelia.

'We're heading to dinner, I'll be back later. I love you!' -Amelia.

I typed out, 'I love you too, I hope you've had a fun day' and pressed send.

I kind of missed Amelia, but I knew she was pretty occupied with her dad today. I didn't want to distract her from that. I wanted to do something special for her and her dad before she left town Sunday though, I just didn't know what. Damn, she only had one more week here. I only had one more week with her.

All of a sudden, I heard the back door slam shut as Emily stomped through the house and up the stairs. Shit, I'm guessing that conversation didn't go how it was supposed to. I pulled myself up off of the couch and headed to the back door to check on my friend.

"You good?" I asked as I lightly shut the door, giving it a break from the beating it just took.

"She hates me now," he stated as he let his head fall to his palms.

"I know she doesn't. She's probably just frustrated," I replied.

"I don't give her any reason to be frustrated. I try to give her everything she wants. I didn't even get mad at her when she told me what happened between her and my best friend. I let it slide. Now she says that I don't trust her and that we shouldn't be together. She wants time. I don't want time, I know I want her. It is just so fucking frustrating that she won't see that," he explained in a muffled voice.

"Dude, I'm sorry," I replied while patting his back again.

I didn't really know what to do in a situation like this. Emily was clearly in the wrong and frustrated at the fact that Edwin was noticing her bullshit.

"Maybe I can get Amelia to talk to her," I suggested.

He looked up at me with a hopeful expression and nodded once again before we sat in silence and enjoyed the humming of the crickets.

"Hey guys," Austin chirped as he closed the back door and joined us outside.

"What's up, man," I replied.

"I heard what happened. Girls can get crazy like that sometimes. Just let her blow off some steam," Austin said while looking over at Edwin.

"I know, I know," Edwin whined.

"Painting always makes me feel better," Austin suggested.

"You know what, that sounds pretty entertaining right now," Edwin laughed.

"Let's do it," I added.

Austin lead us into his room to get the art supplies and paint. We loaded as much as we could carry in our arms and headed to the garage. The next thing we knew we were all three covered in paint.

"Well, this looks like shit," Edwin stated while looking over his 'painting'.

Mine actually looked better than his.

"Dude what is that," I asked while not being able to control my laughter.

"Dude, shut the fuck up," Edwin replied and joined me in laughter.

Filler chapter. Happy update!

If anyone wants to know I'm buried in school papers but I decided to procrastinate a little longer and give y'all a chapter.

If you are reading this chapter by chapter when I post it, comment your name so I can seriously thank you, yalls support really means the world to me.

I want to be a serious writer when I graduate college so this is all worth it.

Vote and comment!

-Tay