Forty-Six

Amelia

"Can I at least see my friends?" I pleaded with the nurse as she finished up my x-rays.

We had to go through unnecessary trouble because I was pregnant. So, it took ten times longer. Well, I guess it wasn't unnecessary. They already told me the baby was fine earlier, but I wanted to have another ultrasound done just to be sure.

"We're almost finished, Miss Amelia," the nurse chirped.

My legs were bruised up but I knew they weren't broken. They were just sore. I didn't understand why I needed all the extra tests and rays. My shoulder was out of place but they popped it back into place in the ambulance. That fucking hurt like hell.

"I'm going to roll you back to your room really fast so the doctor can come in and check you out," she smiled as she began to roll me down the hall.

I'd hoped it was the room that my friends were in. I really wanted to see Nick. I wondered if Ansley got a hold of him yet. His phone kept going to voicemail in the ambulance, and by the time they were trying to roll me into the hospital, they took me straight back to the x-ray room.

As we turned the corner to room 200, Alison, who saw me first, jumped up and squeezed me into a hug.

"Holy shit Mela, you look like hell," she replied looking me over.

"Wow, thanks," I sarcastically remarked while pulling her into me for another hug.

"I'm glad you're okay," she replied backing up so Nick could squeeze through.

"Hey beautiful," he whispered while looking down at me with worry in his eyes.

"The baby is okay," I stated, simply not wanting him to worry further.

Nick took a deep breath before speaking again.

"I'm so sorry, I should've came home with you," he added.

"No. Then you would've gotten hurt too, everything is okay. I'm fine," I replied.

He wouldn't let go of my hand. I didn't want him to either.

A few moments later, just as everything began to calm, down the doctor came in. Strangely, he looked almost similar to me. Brown hair, brown eyes. His nose looked exactly like mine, with tan skin as well.

"So, Miss Parker, I heard you got into a bit of a wreck?" he said smiling looking down at his clipboard reviewing my charts.

"I see you're pregnant as well, let's get you set up with the ultrasound machine and I'll have a nurse come in to-" the doctor froze as soon as he made eye contact with me.

"Oh my God," he whispered under his breath.

"What?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought the name sounded familiar, but I never-" The doctor walked closer to me and studied my face.

"What?" I replied again still not understanding what was happening.

"What is your mother's name?" he asked me while placing my chart on the bed next to my legs.

"Amanda Parker," I replied bluntly to him.

"It is you," he exclaimed as he pulled me into a hug.

"What the hell is happening?" Nick peeked around the mysterious man with his arms around me.

"Amelia. I'm your father, Robert Parker." he replied causing everyone in the room hitch their breath.

Ooouuuuu.

I'll leave it here. :)

I might update again today for 8k!

-Tay