Twenty-Eight

Nick

Somehow, I found my way to the beach and took a long walk. Listening to the waves crash against the shore and the wind blowing in my face seemed to ease my mind a little. Although I still had a shit ton crowding my mind, I needed to think.

I didn't want to leave Amelia sitting there by herself and part of me hated myself for doing that, but I needed some fucking time. My life was crashing down around me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I said all of the wrong things to Amelia. I should've never mentioned abortion to her. That was such a heartless thing to say. My mother would be so disappointed in me if she knew I was even thinking about that. I felt like an absolute dick. My mother raised me better and Amelia deserved more than that.

She deserves so much more than me.

By the time I had made my way back to Amelia's hotel, I turned my phone back on to a million call and text notifications from everyone but Amelia. Previous girlfriends would've blown up my phone, yelling and screaming, or at least would've ran after me, but not Amelia. She did none of those things.

It was amazing how much respect she had for herself.

I called Zion first and he told me to get a ride to our hotel, and that he needed to speak to me. Zion was a goofball, yes, but he was more like my brother than my friend. Zion knew when it was time to be funny and when it was time to be serious. That's why I loved him.

I knew I was about to get a lecture from him and I was dreading it. I figured I would give Amelia the night to herself, she was probably already asleep anyway. We are supposed to be living the life and having fun this weekend at the beach and now I have ruined all of it.

Walks are supposed to help me clear by mind, but all it seemed to do for me tonight was pack my brain with more bullshit than there already was.

Before I knew it, the Uber driver was pulling in front of my hotel. I hoped out and headed up to our rooms. Normally the boys are loud, but I heard nothing coming from our hotel rooms.

As I slipped my key in the door and opened it up, the boys were all gathered around one of our beds. They all looked up at me as I made my way over to them with blank expressions on their face.

"Can you give us a minute guys?" Zion asked.

They nodded and headed out, each one giving me an encouraging pat on the shoulder, like I was in trouble and about to have a 'talk' with my father.

"Dude." Was all Zion said while I slid my back down the bed to sit on the floor.

"I know. I fucked up big time," I replied, burying my face into my palms and rubbing viciously at my eyes.

"You need to talk to her, Nick. I know you don't want to hear this right now, but I know what kind of man you are. She is planning on leaving tomorrow and you don't need to let her go without talking to her first," he explained.

I knew he was right, but I was honestly physically and mentally exhausted. I just wanted to go to sleep. I wanted to go to sleep and wake up in the morning to this all being a dream.

After I let the room fill with silence again, Zion spoke. "Babies seem to always pop up when they are least expected, but that doesn't mean they still aren't a blessing. You can still have a career with a baby. That part of your life doesn't have to be over, you know."

Zion actually made sense.

"Thanks man, I really appreciate it," I replied standing up and sitting beside him.

I wasn't really lovey-dovey when it came to anyone, but I wanted to show Zion how much he meant to me and it felt right in the moment to give him a big hug.

All of the boys in the band were supportive of me, I knew it from the moment they walked back through the doors and gave me hugs as well.

When Simon created this band, I bet he had no idea how close we were going to get. We have built such a bond in these past few years of producing, making music, and just goofing around. We weren't band mates, we were brothers. That's what I loved about this band.

By morning, I hoped to see Amelia at breakfast. I excitedly threw on a red hoodie and matched it with a red hat that I am sure was Austin's. I was saddened at the fact that she did not show up. Upon asking Alison where she was, I got the silent treatment.

Fair enough.

I had planned on going back to the hotel after breakfast with the girls to talk with her and apologize. I needed to convince her to stay. That was the plan, until we got called into an emergency meeting about our music video by our manager.

"Can you please do me a favor and convince her to stay until after our meeting? You know we need to talk. Please Ali," I begged.

"I'll try, but Nick, she is really struggling right now and has her mind set on leaving. So don't be mad at me if I can't sway her," she replied.

"Okay. Please try."

With that we were off to our meeting and it could not have gone any slower. I barley listened to our manager go on and on about dropping our EP the same day as our music video. He wanted us to start working on more songs for the EP. Little did he know we had already been working on other music. We kept Amelia's pregnancy to ourselves for the time being. I needed to figure this out before I dragged everyone else into it.

I rushed the boys into the Uber and complained the whole time he was driving. We had to have gotten the slowest driver in Florida. I jumped out of the vehicle and headed up the elevator. I got to the girls room and began to bang on the door.

God, I hoped she would open up.

I needed to see her face, her beautiful brown eyes. I know that things are messy right now, but I just needed the reassurance of staring into her eyes and knowing everything would be okay in the end.

Zion ran up behind me out of breath. "I just got a text, dude, they already left."

I wanted to post again for you guys!

Enjoy.

Vote and comment!

-Tay