Thirty-Five

Amelia

The next morning the boys headed off to a meeting with their manager about their ideas for the music video. I, on the other hand, slept in.

When I got up, I lightly walked down the stairs in my knee high socks to the kitchen. It was cold in this damn house. I wondered toward the living room where I heard noise and found Alison and Ansley curled up together in a blanket watching T.V.

"Good morning sis, or should I say good afternoon," Alison stated looking over at me and smiling.

"Hey Ali," I laughed back while playfully rolling my eyes.

I walked to the kitchen and scanned the fridge for anything to drink. I pulled out the first carton I saw and poured me a cup of Orange Juice. I hadn't had OJ in a while. Alison and I normally just kept water in our mini fridge other than Sweet Tea occasionally.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked while plopping down on the couch beside the girls.

"We could go shopping? Or just sight seeing since y'all have never been to California before? I travel a lot and I'm here almost every other week so I know the place pretty well. I could be your tour guide," Ansley stated while raising her eyebrows in excitement at her last remark.

"That sounds fun," I smiled back.

"Is Em still sleeping?" Alison asked.

"Probably," I laughed.

Hours later, we were all in an Uber roaming around LA. Ansley showed us around LA to all of the beautiful spots. We ended up renting some bikes and riding along the sidewalk next to a beach. Exploring an unknown territory and seeing the beautiful scenery was truly amazing.

Ansley treated us to an early dinner at one of her favorite fast food spots before we began to head home.

"Austin just texted me, they just got home and are wondering where we are," she laughed while showing me the text message.

"We're almost there right?" I asked. Ansley nodded just as we pulled into the boys driveway.

"Thank God, I really have to pee," I said as I jumped out and sprinted toward the front door.

I heard the girls laughing from the end of the driveway while I pushed the door open and fast walked to the guest bathroom, trying my hardest not to make a scene.

"You okay?" Nick lightly tapped on the door. After I flushed and washed my hands, I opened the door and kissed his cheek.

"Ninety second pee sesh, sorry," I laughed.

"Did you have fun today?" he asked as he snaked his arm around my waste leading me to the living room couch where everyone was seated.

"I did, although it would've been more entertaining with you," I replied taking a seat beside him.

He smirked in my direction. We began to both focus our attention on everyone else.

"What's the move for tonight?" Zion asked the group.

"We have yet to use the hamburger meat in the fridge," Austin stated while shrugging his shoulders.

"It feels a bit chilly outside already, we should have a cookout or bonfire or something," Edwin chimed in from the recliner.

"Maggie will be here in a few, that sounds nice," Brandon agreed.

"Then it's settled," Nick stood up while clapping his hands together.

As the boys walked to the kitchen to start preparing the food, I scooted over next to Emily.

"So, Maggie?" I asked her.

"I'm not worried about her, Edwin and I had a really good night last night," she said and smiled at me.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?" I asked eagerly.

"We didn't do anything, we just talked about a bunch of stuff, also about what happened in Florida. Surprisingly he didn't let it bother him that I kissed Brandon," she replied.

"But didn't you-" I started to ask until she cut me off signaling me to lower my voice.

"I just gave him a blow job, we didn't even have sex. But yeah I told Edwin that and he was upset at first but I told him I wasn't really into Brandon anymore," she corrected.

As confused as I was at the situation, Edwin being okay with her sucking off his best friend and also the fact that Brandon had a girlfriend, I wasn't going to waste my time on it. If Emily said everything was fine, then that's great. I am happy for her. I really just wanted a drama free trip. Especially after what happened last time.

When the sun started to set, the boys had everything cooking on the grill, including some extra hotdogs that their neighbors brought over. We all filled up our plates as we sat around the mini fire the boys made in their fire pit.

The backyard filled with laughs and noise as darkness fell around us. I sat in Nicks lap to save chairs when the boy's neighbors kept us company. They were really nice people, Mr. Jim and his daughter Katelyn. I learned that Katelyn started watching over him when her mother died a year ago. She was divorced and her kids were moved out so she figured she would come stay with him and keep him company. Mr. Jim looked to be around seventy, but could still drink beer like he was thirty. I leaned into Nick to try to get a little bit more comfortable.

Ever since last weekend, when my stomach would let me actually eat a full meal, I would feel so bloated. It was quite an uncomfortable feeling. I know eventually my stomach will start showing, but I am trying my hardest to keep myself skinny for as long as possible.

Although upon looking at myself in the mirror, I am falling in love more and more with my little stomach every day. I also frequently woke up during the night due to feeling 'full' and bloated, but what shocked me the most was that every time I woke up, Nick would have his hand gently laying on my stomach.

Even when I would roll over and fall back asleep, the next time I would wake myself up, he had his hand placed on or around my stomach again. Although it gets a bit irritating at times seeing as how I cant really roll over, it's adorable that he does that. It still seems unreal to me that I have a baby growing inside of me. An actual person. I will be responsible for a person.

As I took a deep breath reminiscing through my thoughts, Nick squeezed my thigh looking over at me. He mouthed "you okay" with scrunched eyebrows to which I simply nod and show him a slight smile.

As Nick looked back at our friends that were gathered around the bonfire, talking and having fun, I kept my eyes on him. The light from the fire shone on his face highlighting his bone structure and smile. He was so handsome. He also was wearing a red flannel that looked so darling on him. I took a look around the bonfire and admired our friends.

Alison and Zion were having what seemed to be a playfully heated conversation about his video games while Austin and Ansley were chatting with Mr. Jim as he downed the last of his beer. Normally, I would be upset that I wasn't drinking, but this high that I got from just living life and knowing that I was truly happy where I was was so much better.

Brandon and Maggie had slipped away somewhere but Emily and Edwin seemed to be perfectly content while they got up to move away from the bonfire and lay on the trampoline together. I could stay in this moment forever. Everyone was happy, I was happy.

"Are you about ready to go to bed?" Nick rubbed my leg. I smirked in his direction focusing my eyes on his.

"Are you that eager to get me into bed again, Mara?"

Hmmm maybe another smut chapter? You'll have to see!! Almost to 6.5k and it hasn't even been a day... I love y'all!!

I know that isn't a lot but it's a lot for me and tbh it means the world that I have that many people reading.

Every time I post a chapter there are already 15+ views in the first 5 minutes.

Y'all are awesome.

-Tay