Ninety

Amelia

Christmas shopping was painful but rewarding. Since Ansley and Alison planned my baby shower and did such an awesome job, I told them I would plan our Christmas party.

I had been putting everything together lately trying to take my mind off of the uncomfortable feeling that came along with being nine months pregnant. I worked super hard on keeping everyone out of our penthouse for the day and keeping the presents and decorations hid in Benjamin's nursery. I had Steffi come over and help put everything up and set out the deserts and all. Gwen offered to make most of the food and Alison told me she would pick up a few platters from the store, so I let them take care of that.

After about two whole hours of Nick watching football on the living room couch after my refusal to let him help, Steffi and I were just about done. We were in the nursery finishing wrapping up presents when the front door opened and I heard Zion's obnoxiously loud voice enter.

"I know who that is," Steffi chuckled while putting tape on the last of her presents.

"It's okay, we're just about done anyway, we need to get ready. Are you excited for Christmas tomorrow?" I asked her as I slid the last present near the door.

She helped me up while nodding excessively.

"I thought so." I smiled at her.

We walked across the hall and into Nick and I's room to get changed and ready for the Christmas Eve party. I had bought a beautiful red long sleeve dress to wear tonight with dark green flats. I loved to wear wedges and heels, but with my feet swelling up every two seconds it was impossible to wear anything like that.

Once I finally finished my makeup, more people started arriving. I made sure Steffi looked good and fixed the last of her hair before we both exited the room and joined the party.

"Sis, this looks amazing!" Ansley shouted over to me from the kitchen.

"Thank you. Steffi helped as well," I smiled down to her making her blush. "Nick, go change," I laughed seriously.

He rolled his eyes playfully, slowly getting up from the couch.

"You look amazing," he scanned over my body while touching my baby bump and kissing my forehead.

He disappeared into our bedroom and came out about ten minutes later with a red and green plaid button up shirt and dark blue jeans and a SnapBack turned backwards.

"I love it," I said and batted my eyelashes at him.

"Thank you, gorgeous. Everything looks amazing." His whisper tickled my ear and made me tilt my head while he wrapped his arms around me.

I couldn't help but think that our son would turn out exactly like him. Kindhearted and sweet. Handsome and tan. My sweet boys.

"I'm gonna sit down for a minute." I rubbed my hand across Nick's back while he talked with Zion about the basketball game.

"Everything okay?" he asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yes," I nodded before turning and walking to the couch.

My feet were aching horribly and I hadn't even been standing for all of five minutes.

Last night was the first night that I hadn't really felt Benjamin kick, which was odd. I always felt him kick before I went to bed and I actually didn't remember if he was kicking the night before last either. Lost in thought, I completely disregarded the fact that my father and Gwen had arrived.

"Feeling okay?" he asked with joy in his tone while sticking a big red bow in my hair.

"Yeah," I smiled raising my hands to touch it.