Chapter 10:  The Clairvoyance of Goddess to the Fate of Her Chosen One.

>> The horizon is tainted in darkness.

Through the surroundings is the sea of blazing light succumbing, and gnarling the surface. The heat itself couldn't be comparing to anything; might be like compare to the fire of hell.

It looks like it; the whole area is now filled with the sea of flame all over. Houses and buildings broke down; leaving only scaffoldings serves as the foundation but also bathed through the wrath of fire itself.

Flick of flames lifted up the sky; the smoke fills up and gives an enormous feeling. The townspeople, who used to be lively and busy now turned into crisped corpses. Their faces, showing angst, fear, anger and despair were nowhere to be found.

Crushed bodies that can be hard to identify scattered around. Armor plates are crushed through the body. Members of the dragon slayers and troop soldiers are burned crisps to the sea of fire.

Flags that have designs are standing on top of the piled corpses.

Only their burned carcasses, turning into dust of ashes as the gentle gust of wind blew upon the whole area. The temperature rises up beyond what human can feel upon through.

The sun that is supposed to shine brightly is now tainted into the black and thick smoke. Screams of the aftermath by the dead bodies scattering around rises through, but their voices are nowhere to be found.

It was all but a catastrophic scene.

A scene where no one can ever take up to; a scene where no one ever dare to believe to, a scene like hell to someone who seeks this place.

On the middle of the scorching flame is a huge creature standing. Its magnificent stature raises above all anything else. Long, big talons on its feet, thick armored-like scale brimming under the light of fire and its crimson hue fills the whole surroundings. The head and long snout, with razor sharp teeth conceals under, and crown of horn attaches above its head.

Its pair of huge, wide wings is folded up and sharp eyes looking at the whole surroundings. The creature that everyone fears the most, the creature that brings chaos to the place it would go through. The creature that takes everything as their own to live: the Dragon.

It stands on the burned carcasses of dead bodies. Its feet are stepping on the ground, burrowing a deep hole because of its heaviness. Yet, from the hideous looks of the creature conceals the deep contempt and loneliness over.

Under her feet is a man smeared up with blood all over his body. He wears a cambric white shirt, now tainted red liquid squirmed out his body.

His face tattered badly; his hair is scruff, and his eyes remained open, but there's no life in it. It's just looking up from where he lay, with such gentleness on it.

His face is smeared also in blood. His body got sliced up and almost split into two. Blood spills all over the place and its faint smell mixes with the wind brewing up to the surroundings.

The dragon stands over there, as its head bow down to look at the dead body. Its eyes focus onto the person, looking with such gloom and sadness over through.

Moving the long snout, it caresses the face of the dead person. The dragon shows something a human can't imagine. A soft, yet melancholic snarl came out of its throat. It snarls, as its snout keeps caressing the dead body of the man lying down on the ground.

"Papa... papa..." through its mind, the dragon speaks. Calling the familiar endearment, remembering the reason why it lives until now.

That dragon was no other than Phyra, transforming on its real form. Under her feet is the man who raises her and taught about everything to be a good person. "Paul... Paul..." tears suddenly flooded on her eyes. Her snout keeps caressing on the face of the dead man, as soft snarls continues.

What can a daughter feel to see the person raises her is now dead?

That certain thought filled up Phyra's chest. It brewed up, slowly, the darkness fills her feelings. The agony, pain, sadness, wrath, despair, anxiousness, and the feeling of having someone lost succumbs her.

It tears her piece by piece; slowly fading away like a wind taking away.

Phyra knew that Paul won't be back to her anymore. She knew that he's gone; she knew that this is useless. But at that moment, Phyra refuses to believe in all of that.

She refuses to believe that the person who raises him is now just a corpse. Her feelings aren't clear to accept everything.

As tears drop on her eyes, as well as the sadness and dark feelings envelops inside her. No one; even Efnir can't do anything for the sadness of the young girl; no one can save her from the loneliness enveloping around.

At the lonesome place filled with scorching heat of fire, the huge creature stands. Looking up the dark and enormous sky filled with thick smoke, it opens its mouth.

A loud and huge roar, like a thunder brimming into the stormy night reverberated through the whole place. It unleashes; the deep despair, sadness, wrath, and anxiousness. No one can define how that feeling would ever subside.

No one can dictate, no one can defy; no one can give comfort through the deep pain oozing inside of this poor creature. As its loud growl up to the sky reverberated, so as the ashes hue clouds fills over and takes even more darkness.

Drop of rain washes away the scorching heat.

It drops heavier, reverberating around the tranquil area of catastrophe. The sea of fire halted from spreading, and now only the puddle of water left. Ashes of dead bodies slowly mix together with the puddle of water.

As well, the burned scaffolding of buildings and houses remained with light smoke evaporates up.

Through the dropping temperature, the loud snarl of the dragon didn't subside. It keeps shouting out loud, giving it all to release the despair it has inside.

Droplets of rain fill its scale, its crimson scale that can't see the beauty due to the darkness. It just glows through the darkness, and its loud howling gives a sound of sadness.

As the raindrops continue to pour, so as those feelings the dragon pleaded up the sky, and the pain feeling just left hanging like the dark clouds surrounds the blue sky.

• • • • • •

>> Lenir sees the end of everything between the human she chooses to raise and protect the dragon. What a cruel fate awaits to the two of them.

Yet, she just sits on the throne whilst watching the two creatures mourn for the lost of someone.

"I am a goddess, a being that controls everything. But by this, the fate that waits between the two shall bestow upon."

Her lonely voice fills the emptiness of everything around. The glow of her body fills the darkness of the whole surroundings, but bit by bit, it slowly fades.

"These two aren't meant to be in the first place. Their worlds are quite different. Someday, dragon slayers will locate their whereabouts, and when that thing happens..."

Hanging the last words she wanted to say, Lenir leaned on the arm supporter of her throne. Heaving a deep sigh, the thought that everything will just end into naught made her contemplate.

"But humans are more versatile than what I can imagine." A sudden rush thought fills her mind suddenly. "Might that be, he can change everything, even his fate."

That made Lenir suddenly stands up on the throne. "Paul Madrigal... the human from another world, your fate awaits soon. But let me see if you and your daughter defy that?"

Her lips form a bold smile after. "I'll see to the end how you will change everything between humans and dragons. I'll wait, for the two of you."