Chapter 54.05:  The Reassured Feeling of the Little Maiden to Her Savior.

>> At the time Glacia got out of that narrow cage, she then saw the bright sun for the first time. Its warmth wrapped to her skin, sinking deeply to her flesh and bones.

The fresh air fills her nostrils, and the feeling of uncertain bloomed into her. It's the feeling that she has been attained sometime before, the essence of being fully aware on her surroundings and not letting anyone holds her back: the feeling of being freed.

"... Let's go home." At her side is the man who saved her. Looking up to him, Glacia reluctantly give a response, but he grabbed her hand and felt the reassuring feeling that made her heart feel flutter.

At some point this is the first time she felt this. No one, even her parents gave her this kind of sensation. She knew before, in the village she was loved and adored by everyone.

But this feeling, coming from a human is quite odd to comprehend. Glacia followed without voicing out anything from her. Seeing the wagon, she thought another trade will happen again.

Going inside, Glacia sits at the corner, waiting for the man to shackle her. Yet, the man didn't put any chains at all. He just looked at her with a warm smile.

At the moment then, he goes to the front of the wagon and commands the horse to move. At certain, Glacia didn't feel the terror, or any fear inside as the wagon starts moving.

Along the way, she just looked far away while leaving the place where she comes. The distant feeling she's longing to come back on the village holds onto, and deep through she thought that this would be the time to go.

The feeling she's longing to escape taunts her instinct to leave. However... "... Are you hungry?" the man suddenly asked. Glacia turns her head to look at the man as she asked for that question.

She hasn't been eating anything since she took as a prisoner. Her appetite has been gone beyond. Glacia doubted that if she takes his offer, she might get fooled again.

"If you're thirsty, I have water." The man offered again. From that, Glacia thought that this man would never betray her. Deep inside, she wanna speak to the man... yet how? Will he be able to make her feel at ease?

That then, she decided to get near to the man and grabbed his shirt. In a reluctance and bashful feeling, she speaks softly. "... Hungry."

For the first time she say that word; the man look at her and smiles. "Alright, we'll gonna have a stopover somewhere to eat."

He turns the wagon over the open grassy field to take a break. The horse got allowed to rest and eats grass as they stay inside the wagon. The man goes beside her and gets his bag to take the ration of food covered in a piece of cloth.

A half sliced bread and jerky meat shown up, and the man offers the food to her. Yet, Glacia felt doubt over the food so she hesitates to take it.

"There's no poison in it." the man answered her. Looking at him, Glacia saw how sincere and truthful he is. Somewhere deep inside her flutters the unknown feelings, the unknown feelings that for the first time she felt and had a happy sensation.

The feeling no one can ever give to her, or somehow, she would thought of that. Then, smelling the bread and jerky meat, Glacia takes a bite and without letting anything to go off, on her taste bud lurked the taste of the food.

For the first time she felt like eating anything about this, without any threat. That for sure, as this man stays by her side, everything will be fine.

"... His voice, so mild and gentle; so warm... I wanna stay with him..."

Having that thought running on her mind, a sudden welled tears overflows on her sight. The man pats her head after, "Take it easy; I have plenty here." he said.