Chapter 47:  The Parade of Arsenal to Defeat the Beasts of the Sky. . .

>> At the nest of the kingdom of Linzburk relay the sound of metal clanking through the area. Yanking of steels heaving on the close room, as workers showing muscular bodies filled with sweat endures the scorching heat surrounding.

The hot metals burning around the coil is smacking by a sledgehammer in the anvil heard of; blacksmiths who are really particular in making armors and weapons are here.

In the headquarters of the dragon slayers to the palace is the place where Blacksmiths are residing. The well-known blacksmiths in making weaponry and armors for the soldiers and dragon slayers are residing here.

From the fickle of flames arising in the furnace they put the steel for a couple of minutes using a pair of scissor tong. The noise of the boiling cold water as the burning steel dripped over sizzles, raising the smoke to cover up the heating material.

The blacksmiths of the Kingdom, and their leader, Klein is looking at his co workers working vehemently to meet the exact quota for the dragon slayers.

Huge arrows aligned, as well as the bows carved out of wood and steel combined together.

Aligned body armors are hanging in the body-type wooden mannequins for show. It's all well-polished and fine tuned to the hardness for the ultimate way of defending someone onto the war.

Every blacksmiths have their own sledgehammers and anvils to work at, as the door behind opens. There, a young girl with a silky black hair and long, pointy ears entered inside.

Wearing a linen shirt and trousers, as well as pair of boots, no one can defy the thought that she's a soldier of the Kingdom, but a Dragon Slayer.

Lyra Esver, standing at the front to look at the whole place working with vehemence under her command. "... Ms. Lyra?" looking from behind him, Klein shows anticipation and perplexed expression.

A surprise visitation, indeed; such happenings happen from time to time. As his voice echoed through the whole surroundings, everyone stopped from working. The sledgehammers clanked blankly in the air.

"I'm just looking at the progress of working with the ammo and weapons." Lyra speaks out, as she looks at Klein. "Certainly, have you already finish some of them as per requested, huh?"

Klein nods after, as Lyra smiles. "Ms. Lyra, if you wish to see... I can show you the ultimate weapon to kill the dragons in one go."

Hearing that, Lyra then felt the anticipation to see that ultimate weapon. Klein guided the way for them to see over where it keeps for good.

Proceeding onto their way, the sound of sledgehammers and steel scorching over the place gives way onto her skin. Yet, Lyra pay no heed to that.

Each blacksmiths have their posts to stay as they work on the weaponries. The smoke and smell of steel wrapped through around; the strong foul body odor due to extreme heat wrapped as well.

Lyra got used to that smell, for she had been to the quarters of soldiers lead by men. That isn't new to her anymore. Soon after, they reached a huge wooden door erecting inside.

Klein holds the doorknobs and pulled to open. Inside is a pitch black place, as the brimming faint light of candle filled over from the outside.

Inside are the weaponries aligned altogether, as Klein come inside. Following by Lyra, she looked at the surroundings. Halberds and Claymore swords, as well as spears and cutlet swords are perfectly aligned altogether in the walls and barrels.

Square-shaped shields made out of copper and steel, as well as rectangular-shaped shields made out of wood and steel hanged over.

"... Here, Ms. Lyra." Klein points at the huge thing covering with a blanket. He then holds the hem of the cover and rises it up. The lid got off, and what Lyra saw is the gigantic cross bow, made out of wood and steel, attaching on the wagon because of the two wooden wheels attached at each side.

There is a roundabout steel, more like a wedge-type roller to hold.

"The crossbow gun; this load with huge arrow-type metals that weighs 12 kilos and can fire at least 12 rounds as you move the wedge as the trigger."

Klein explains out. Lyra has been contemplating out how to kill a dragon without getting any hassle. Their arsenal isn't just doing well at all; their techniques aren't good enough as well to fill their role in defeating dragons.

Shields and halberds, as well as spears are their primary weapons. But on the time their targets, the dragons, soar up the sky, they can't bear the thought that they'll decrease in number.

As these beasts soaring up, in their way of defeating the soldiers are always closing to annihilate the entire battalion. And that Lyra, keeps lamenting onto the poor soldiers she brought at war just dying cruelly.

Most of their bodies can't be recognized anymore; their family just grief out as Lyra can't bring their bodies back. Its agonzining to think, but she needs to do something to decrease the casualties.

New dragon slayers in training are easily get disheartened before they face the enemy and that leads to their annihilation.

But now, the situation reverses completely. This weapon will change everything. The fate of her as a dragon slayer will be rise. She will get recognize as the ultimate Dragon Slayer that can lead the battalion of soldiers to victory towards the giants of the sky.

"Ammunitions are all ready. You can use this as soon as possible—-"

"... Make sure that you create more of this. I can feel that the war between dragons and us will happen soon." Lyra utters.

Klein showed bafflement after hearing the request Lyra made. Such time and energy they need here to accomplish this weapon to make, and that will make their work double.

"... We can at least finish making this by the end of Summer afternoon—-"

"... Make it until the Winter Morning." Lyra utters out. It's a long and brisk time to complete the weapon with the good condition, as well as constitution. Today is in the middle of Summer Afternoon, and every soldier are preparing onto the threat of the orcs to attack the Kingdom.

And that is why Lyra gave enough time for Klein to finish the weaponry. "Are you sure about it? I mean, it will not be so soon when you need to kill dragons again."

"YES, I am. This is a great opportunity..." that then, a faint, yet hideous grin fills upon Lyra's lips.

"... This will be good enough to hunt that crimson dragon, and definitely, I will kill it to claim what that beast take up to me."

The aroused feelings she has ruled over, and that made Lyra looked at Klein with fierce on her eyes, making the man trembled out. "... Make sure to make at least hundreds of that. I will make sure this war will end in my reign as the leader of Dragon Slayers."

An antagonizing sensation wrapped up through; Lyra chuckled hideously after. "... That dragon's head will be taken by me." she utters.