Chapter 54:  The Yearning Feelings to See the People I Dear the Most.

>> Another expedition, but it's me alone on this lone road right now. On the side road are the vast field of grass surrounding and gentle gust of wind. The sound of cartwheel echoed around whilst the horse gallop on the soil and rocky road.

In the tranquil place, I thought of seeing Phyra and Efnir since 3 days is already over. Quite slow pace for me, but I think it would be slower to them at all.

While thinking about them, I took a glance at the slave I bought. She's just sitting at the corner while glaring at the entrance way of the wagon.

"... Are you hungry?" I tried to make a conversation. The girl then looked at me. She just stares but didn't give any answer at all. "... Hey, it might be that you're hungry. I have some jerky meat and bread if you want."

Offering the food rations I have left, the girl still glares at me. Come on, reply to my statement. Seems that she experienced a trauma that she couldn't speak at all, yet I tried to ask her even more.

"If you're thirsty, I have water." I offered again.

As I said it, the girl goes to me. Reaching me with her hand, she grabbed the hem of my shirt. "... Hungry." She replied. This girl, she knows how to speak. "Alright, we'll gonna have a stopover somewhere to eat."

Offering that, I stopped the wagon in the grassy field to eat lunch. As the horse munches grasses, I offer the jerky meat and bread hiding in my sling bag to the girl. However, the girl seemed hesitated out to get the food in my hand.

"There's no poison in it." I answered. She then reluctantly grabbed it and starts munching. Seeing her eating reminded me of Phyra when the first time we met; this girl sure shows hungry feeling.

"Take it easy; I have plenty here." I pat her head after, as she took a glance at me while chewing. On her eyes glow the light once more, but tears start flowing down.

"... Huh...? What? Why? Did I do something wrong?! Why are you crying?! Hey!"

I started panicking out; I might be did something strange. The girl didn't respond. She just wiped the tears flowing down with her arms while continue eating.

Seriously, this girl is quite something. A piece of bread and meat she finished. She's really quite the big eater. Might that be, she's still growing.

We rested for at least an hour before going back in the town. After getting enough rest, we proceed in tracking the road back home.

It's already afternoon but I'm still halfway back.

Moreover, the girl sitting at the corner of the wagon is now sitting beside me. It seems she got attached to me after the food I give. Is this the instinct of the dragons? Are they really attaching to someone who gave them food?

But I didn't mind it. Just from this I feel comfortable having someone accompanying me. Yet, from time to time, she's looking at me. "... Thank you, for buying me."

Suddenly, the girl says those words out. "... Eh...? Ah, ahahaha... no, I mean... yeah. I mean, I didn't bought you to be my slave or anything—-"

"... I'm aware. But still, thank you."

The girl latch at me suddenly. Our distance becomes closer, a little bit. What's with her right now? I dunno exactly why she decided to stick with me like this.

I was never aware of this from her. This is the first time we meet together. But I think this won't lead to anything at all so I leave it as be.

We continue the tracking back home. Dusk and twilight are blending in the sky, and the sea of stars starts appearing. The vermilion hue sky entwines to the wagon, seeing such beautiful scenery as the girl looked with bafflement on her expression.

"... Is this the first time you see this?" I asked out.

The girl nods at me full of anticipation as she smiles. Her tail wagged back and forth; she seemed to be happy. Her strength shows to me.

At the time I arrive at the town, it was already evening. Greeting the guards on duty, they looked at my companion sitting at me. "She's with me." I answered to them as we entered the gate.

Proceeding in the town after passing the fortress, the whole place is totally quiet now. Only the taverns and pubs are open for the adventurers who are staying for the night.

The girl looks at the surroundings as we entered. As we proceed in tracking the shop, from the distance I saw two silhouette shadows standing.

They hold lamp and from the faint of light, the glow of the appearance of the two silhouettes appeared right in front of me. "... Papa, welcome back!"

A familiar voice suddenly rushed over, as the sound of pitter patter lurked on the road. On the moonlight I saw the one who greets me, with a wide smile on her lips.

"Phyra!" without hesitation, I stopped the wagon and go down to embrace my daughter. "Papa! Welcome back!" embracing me tight, Phyra snug at my chest while giggling out, she seemed misses me a lot.

On her back is another girl who holds the lamp, but the time she appeared, her expression saw displease. "Welcome home and you bought someone with you?"

Efnir, speaks like I did something wrong. Phyra then smells me after and took a glance. "Papa seems smell a little odd."

As she said it, I thought about not having taken a bath before leaving. Sure thing I do smell horrible. Yet, seems that didn't come from my body odor.

Efnir, still rigid on her expression look at me directly and to the wagon. Turning my head over, the girl look at Efnir and Phyra as well as she shines under the moonlight.

"... A white dragon...?" Efnir utters. Phyra glares at the girl as well. "Ah, I will explain..." cracking the eerie feeling, I suggested out.

"... Explain? You did something over 3 days and take that here." Efnir declared out. "... Huh...? Wait, I did say to explain. Please hear me out."

Seem that Efnir doesn't wanna hear any of my explanation. Phyra then moves away from me after as the girl go down from the wagon and stands beside me. "... This man, he saved me from being a slave." The girl utters.

"... Huh...?" Efnir utters out.

"... And from this moment, I will take him as my husband." Declaring it out, the girl smashed the fate between us. What the...? I don't exactly know what to say right now.

Efnir's looks become more rigid, more of like, a sinister glare pierced to me. And a helter skelter of fate brings us together in this hostile situation.