Chapter 42.05:  In the Taunting Feelings of A Father to the Missing Part.

>> Days passed.

Still, the empty feeling reside inside me. The unknown and unsettling feeling that there's someone lacking through heeded deep; taunting me to ask but no question is clear up to say out loud.

That's right; it's something I wanna clear about and seeing Efnir this quiet makes me wanna ask that question.

It taunts me deep, a feeling that suddenly become void that I don't wanna forget. It's lacking inside and it makes me wanna shout it out loud. Routines keep me away from thinking. I still do the things day by day.

And seeing the dress Efnir made in a size of a young lady makes my feelings clenched out.

"Why does she make dress for young children?"

That particular thought appear at me over and over. Efnir never tried to say anything at me. Keeping her mouth shut, she just indulges in work.

I tried to talk to her, but she just ignoring me. For some reason I dunno why, this hurts me much.

From time to time, I, at least wanna know what's on her mind. If anything else, I wanna have an answer to these uncertain feelings inside me.

"... Mr. Paul, dinner is ready." Efnir calls me out upstairs while I'm reading a book. I go downstairs right that moment, when a sudden blurry image hurls inside my mind.

A blurry, yet clear image of a young girl, around 13 years of age and has a radiant smile on her lips. That memory taunts my heart to clump tight.

Why, why am I like this? I don't fully understand but I wanna see that girl. I wanna see and reach that girl out. I wanna know who she is, I wanna know why is she resides in my memory. In a sudden, a name rushed through my lips.

"... Phyra."

That name suddenly comes out inside my mouth.

Then, tears flow down on my eyes; the reason is still unknown to me but speaking that name made my chest clump tight.

"Why? Why am I crying?"

Asking myself out, the thought never have been unclear to me. Yes, until now I'm in wonder why these tears are keeping in flowing. The clump I feel right here in my chest never subsides. The certain part of me seeks someone who isn't here.

"Mr. Paul?" Efnir call me out. Our eyes meet as I sit down on the staircase. My knees slowly felt weak after. I can't muster the strength to go, because of the sudden lack inside me.

I feel there is a missing piece. The missing piece I have all over inside that will make me complete. It isn't clear; everything, a vivid memory of someone smiling radiantly at me.

A smile that makes my heart flutter and warm; the gentle touch of someone who always calling me, in a vivid form of voice recalling inside my mind: "Papa..." makes me feel lost.

"... What's wrong?" Efnir goes to me. Holding my shoulder, I feel the warmth of her touch. "... Phyra... Phyra... I can't recall who she is but..."

Clenching my hands firmly, I sobbed out. Little by little, the girl in my mind gives a clear idea. The girl I wanna know, the girl I wanna be with, the girl who is the reason why I feel this right now; the one taunts me to remember everything.

"... Phyra. Phyra... Phyra..."

With heaviness rushing through me, I speak those words out. It pains, stabbing me in chest. "Mr. Paul? What's the matter...?" Efnir asked me out once more.

Looking at her, the thought I have in my mind dilutes completely. It wasn't clear enough how to speak those words out. I wanna say something, yet it is too complicated.