Chapter 39:  The Sightseeing of Circus Performance That Everything Changes.

>> As I encountered the mysterious man named 'Jack' inside the city, and as well, the overwhelming thing happened to the children of this town, Freedert and the others decided to go home.

Today is their summer vacation at school, and every child here should play outside.

But after the mysterious incident thing happened, the whole town is now only for the adults and adolescents walking around. "Papa...?" Phyra called me out after.

"What is it, Phyra?" I replied.

"... It's weird, that man named Jack. He's looking at Phyra." Her voice starts trembling after. Phyra's grip firmed on my hand as we walked.

"Phyra... Phyra's wanna stay with papa. Papa is Phyra's special one."

Stating it out, she seemed to be deep concerned about me, or trying to imitate someone's feelings. "What are you saying; of course you're special to me as well. You're my daughter."

I chuckle out after.

Phyra just show a smile at me. "But, when things go hard or if you think the situation is too difficult to escape..."

I stopped and face her. Phyra stands over as she looks at me with innocence on her eyes. "... Please be strong, okay? Stay strong for yourself, and for everyone around you."

Phyra's expression shows perplex after, trying to understand the words I give. "You see, it's not that I'm always be there for you... so,"

Before I continue, Phyra embraces me tight. Her arms wrapped over me, clinging like a child. "When that happens, Phyra might get sad and cry out loud. Phyra don't want that!"

Her body frets all over while clinging.

At her age, it would be hard for that not to reassure everything will be fine. But right now, I feel like there's something uncertain inevitable thing will happen.

I don't particularly know what is it but I wanna make her be ready for anything that might happen.

"... Phyra will be lonely without papa. Phyra will get scared without papa. Phyra will not live anymore without papa. Papa... papa... papa..."

I heaved a deep sigh, and pat her head after. "... I won't go anywhere, as I have said to you, right?"

Uttering those words out, Phyra loosened her grip and look at me with tears swelling on her eyes.

She's still a crybaby until now, despite of the appearance as young 13 year old. Might be the thing her appearance don't cope with the age she's been right through.

"But promise me that you will stay strong okay? I want you to be strong in the time we might get separate."

Cupping her face with my hands, I looked directly into her eyes. "Promise me, okay?"

Phyra hesitantly nods and holds my hand after. "Yeah, for papa... for papa's sake, Phyra makes a promise that Phyra will stay strong."

"That's my daughter." I gave her a smile and kiss her forehead after. In the middle of the road I did such thing, yet that would be for the best. I think Phyra would be fine on her own if anything happens.

And I hope that might be good enough.

• • • • • •

>> Night came up.

From the distant place, above the starry and night sky is the colorful view of explosions sparkling. Hearing those out, I got flabbergasted within.