Chapter 62:  The Young Man's Confrontation of Feelings to His Dear Girl.

>> As the time we come home after the recognition ceremony, Leonor rides on the carriage and sits beside me. It's unusual that he go on the place where Phyra always sits.

Right now, Phyra is with the others while chatting happily.

Holding the lace of the horse, I command it to gallop. As soon as the carriage starts moving, Leonor called out. "... Mr. Paul?"

On his voice show anxiousness; he seemed fretting in a manner right now. "What?" I asked out. Hearing my instant reply, Leonor astounded out.

What's with him? "... I wanna asked something." He starts fidgeting. As the laugh of the group in the carriage echoed out, I turn to take a glance and look at him after.

"What's the matter?" I asked. Leonor has quite the rude attitude towards me before, but seems it's just his true expression about himself.

The way how he looks at Phyra made me think thoroughly, that he is really and passionately likes her.

"... Is it about Phyra?" cracking the thought out, Leonor squeaked a little, might be out of surprise because of what I've said.

"... I, uh..." on his expression, seemed that I hit the target. "It's about Phyra, right?" I asked again.

Asking the same question, Leonor tries to avert off. He shows hesitation right off after hearing me. "Don't be coward here now, lad."

Grinning at him, Leonor looks at me. As the carriage keep moving and echoing over the road, I continue. "I have been known for awhile that you like Phyra."

"... Huh...? Wha—-What are you trying to say!?" out of astonishment, Leonor's face blushes up. His face show like a ripened apple; seriously, he's quite easy to read.

"... Hahaha! Worry not. I won't tell Phyra about that."

Adding that statement, he sighed deeply. "Well, now that you know... I think it's hopeless to deny it, huh?" Leonor's expression become somewhat show sullen and relief after speaking out

"I have been trying to tell this myself. I'm already 16 years old... and after that, if these feelings I have won't change, I might be really have something for Phyra."

On his voice show melancholy and frustration, he seemed trying to resolve that feelings of his from the beginning.

From how I see, Leonor is quite manly and good looking. Any woman would be good for him. But then, his feelings only reside to Phyra alone.

For the 3 years I've known him, he's persistent and has sense of responsibility. His decisions are way better than other kids his age. Quite mature enough, I can sense him on that.

"... And now you're already 16, you're trying to get my permission to confess to Phyra?" I asked out. Leonor hesitantly nods after hearing my thoughts.

"But what if I said no?" in a serious way, I look at him. Leonor show astounded expression but slowly then his face grimaced. "... Well—-"

"... I'm just kidding." I chuckle and chided in before he speaks. From that, his grimace looks become somewhat surprise after. "Ahahaha! I'm not against you and your feelings for Phyra."

Yes, at the very beginning, I never had an idea how to protect a (dragon) girl like her. In a reluctant way, I accept this responsibility bestowed up by the goddess of this world.

All I wanted is for Phyra's happiness. She's the one I'm always thinking of. Right now, it's the time for her to decide in everything. Though, Phyra's still clearly likes clinging at me, I at least do some countermeasures for that.

"It's her you must ask for that. You see, Phyra's still acting like a kid."

"Yeah, but having that attitude of hers show cuter aspects." Glancing at the carriage, he looks at Phyra who is lively chatting continuously with the others.

"She's lively and kind; I really am fond of her truly." Leonor added.

Nodding at his thoughts, I look forward to the road once more. "So it means that I can confess to Phyra, right... Mr. Paul?"

"... If that's what you want. However, just promise me one thing."

Glancing at him, I show a serious expression. "... Yes?" he asked.

Heaving a deep sigh, I smile. "... Just, whatever happens... accept everything, alright?"

There's no guarantee if his confession to my daughter will end up as a success or failure. That will be answered by the end of him telling what he truly feels.

Moreover, it's Phyra we're talking here. Seems that at her age, having the feelings of a maiden haven't had been into her. She might get confused out.

"I got it. Thank you, Mr. Paul."

Smiling at me, Leonor answers. After that, he passed over the space where I sit and joins with the group.

Having a smile, I shake my head in disbelief. I never had a thought that this time will come in my life. It's a bittersweet feeling that someone has deep affection for my daughter and confronting me to ask in taking her hand and be his bride.

I guess this is what a father feeling. After all, I still think that Phyra is quite the child who I used to cuddle whenever she likes.

Having that thought, I took a glance at them for a second. "... These youngsters are grownup."

I just murmur those words out in a whim. Might be, this is the true feelings I have for accepting this responsibility. A (reluctant) father having this moment, I just can say that this is too superficial.