Chapter 57:  At the Village of Mirr ~ Preparation for the Harvest Season.

>> Leaving the town of Jill, we proceed to the road tracking the village of Mirr where Fyrnyr lives. From time to time, she's the one who always come to visit Phyra, but due to the health concerns of their elder over there, she can't just come over because the young man who's the next village chief hasn't been trained as an apprentice properly.

For now, I am the one making adjustments to be able for Phyra and her mom to have a bonding together. Phyra slowly quite becomes warm towards Fyrnyr, but somehow she's still addressing Fyrnyr by her first name.

"... Dad, who is Fyrnyr?" suddenly, Glacia took the seat beside me and ask the question. Out of surprise, I almost squabbled out of my seat and fall over. "Don't surprise me like that!" I grunted out.

"Eh...? But I did just ask you a question." Glacia nonchalantly replied. "Fyrnyr's Phyra's mom." I answered.

"... Heh... I see, but why is she in your care then?" a question popped on Glacia after. Looking at her glance, I smile. "It's quite absurd to tell this, but Lenir summoned me to take care of her... or that's how it should be."

Glacia stares at me; she seemed getting anticipated on my circumstances along with her and Phyra.

"That goddess scheme everything and coerced me to take Phyra... well, that's how it should be." I added. That feeling I have, being reluctant in accepting the task and raise a dragon without any knowledge makes me wanna give up soon.

"... But then, I slowly accept that might be... this is my calling after all. Raising a dragon here in this new world, that is..."

"... So, the time we meet isn't just coincidence, but rather, like a fate?" Glacia replied out. Her eyes sparkled out, as Phyra sits by my side as well. "Papa..." she calls out and leaned herself on my lap.

"Might that be the case..." I answered in a vague way. Yeah, I don't expect that our meeting was by fate. Moreover, if it's fate then I won't even know she exists at all.

"... Quite playful enough it is, our fates I mean." Showing a smile, Glacia keeps glancing at me. Her tail waggled out in true anticipation.

"... If I happen not to meet you, I wonder what fate would bring me to you." Then her eyes become somewhat melancholy. Thinking about the circumstances she'd been through, that's quite hard to cope up.

"... Won't you think I can find the way to see you?" her voice is mellow, and quite left an impression of seeking an answer right away.

Looking back at the road, I heaved a small sigh. "Particularly, I can't answer that question myself. The goddess of this world makes the preparations for everything. Only that goddess could clearly answer your anxiousness..."

Glacia's eyes become even more melancholy after hearing my statement. Apparently, that's the bitter truth. I can't make miracles; neither, change the fate she has been through.

All I have right now is the lending hand to give her care and reassurance that's she's safe. All that matters to me now is that I can make her feel safe and secure by my side.

"But if happens that you may drift away when you're still under my care..." I blurted the words happen runs through my mind after, and took a glance at her. "... If that happens, I will make sure to find you. No matter where you are, no matter what circumstances you've been... I will find and save you."

Glacia's eyes meet mine, as it sparkled like a gem. On her astonished expression, Phyra grabbed Glacia's hands and hold it. "Phyra likes Glacia... so when papa says that papa will find Glacia, papa will do it with papa's strength."

Now, Phyra's starting to warm up to Glacia as well, as Glacia look at Phyra. These two are like sisters; looking at them made me feels happy. "... Then, dad will take responsibility for making me fall in love with you, right?"