Chapter 17:  A Brand New day for the (Reluctant) Father and Dragon Daughter.

>> "—---Tada! I made a new clothe for my dear and cute Phyra since she will start school!" with such enthusiasm on her voice, Efnir holds a mannequin with the white one piece 3/4 long sleeve dress, designed with frills on the chest part area and a suspender in the shoulder attach to the skirt.

"Whoa! Wonderful! Elder sister, it's wonderful!" Phyra exclaimed out in excitement as she see the dress. Her eyes sparkles out, and tail wiggling back and forth. "It's made out of cotton weaves, and for casual clothing." Efnir speaks with a smile on her lips. "For my wonderful and lovely Phyra, elder sister will do anything!"

Looking at the two, I feel happy as well, especially on Phyra. She's showing growth over her body, the chest that has been supposed to be flat slowly buds out. I do have a worry that she will outstand in class.

But I do hope that she will enjoy the new environment outside the town. A new journey she will take upon, embarking a new life begins.

"—-Mr. Paul"

"—-Papa!"

Both of them call me synchronously. "What is it?" I asked. "What can you say? I'm waiting for your comment on this masterpiece I made." Efnir's eyebrows fuzzed together. "Right, papa needs to comment elder sister's hard work, just like how papa praises Phyra's hard work!"

Looking at both of them, I heaved a sigh. "Yeah, I like the dress you made, Efnir."

"Really? But the way how you say it seems like I'm not satisfied at all." With a smug expression, Efnir utters to me. "Seriously." I replied with exasperation on her comment. "Come on, papa. Elder sister did her best to make that. Papa should praise elder sister properly."

"Right! I deserve praise to papa for giving my best!" Efnir chided in, as she looks at Phyra. "Fine, fine. I like the dress you made, Ms. Efnir." I replied at her.

With a scoff, Efnir widened the grin on her lips while looking smug at me. Seriously, this brat is really something. "Well then papa, Phyra is really excited to go to school tomorrow!"

A sincere smile came up to Phyra's lips after. "Yeah, and I'm sure you will enjoy everything tomorrow. But then, we must buy some stuffs—-"

"Don't need to worry about it. I still have some stuff Phyra can use. The grade levels in school are just in 6th grade. School in the village helps the students in reading and writing. After the 6th grade, the student will decide to go in higher level or do help business with their parents."

Efnir then gives the overall outcome of the studies the students will do after. On this town, there is only a primary and intermediate school level. Hence, the student will go to higher level of education, he or she will attend school located in the kingdom of Linzburk, 3 days travel to this town.

The kingdom offers Magic education and basic education; in my world, a basic education curriculum wherein learning the basics of the basics in everyday living.

Most of the townspeople here don't have much capacity in using magic, might that as well; some of them learn how to use one. "As for me, I decided to help father after completing the 6th grade on this shop. He didn't go against me, since he said that I may risk going in the kingdom to find who I really am." Efnir added.

So that's why she's really skilled in making clothes, huh? As for Phyra's sake, I at least, want her to achieve something in life. "Papa." Tilting her head, Phyra calls me out. "What is it?" I asked.

"Phyra wants to be with papa all the time. So after 6th grade, Phyra will help elder sister to weave clothes. Also, Phyra wanted to be useful to papa."

Stating that fact, Phyra seemed to be convincing on her decision to stay with me. It made me feel glad, "But I want you to achieve your own goal as well. Being with me is good, yet you will grow up soon."

"Phyra is all grown up now, but Phyra won't leave papa's side; because right next to papa is Phyra's place!" declaring such statement, Phyra looked at me straight in the eyes full of determination. Hey, the way you declare it seems like you wanna be my bride, I feel wrong about it.

Efnir narrows her eyes after hearing the statement Phyra gives. "Isn't that she's too young for that stuff, Mr. Paul?" with a wary tone on her voice, Efnir asked.

"Ah, I don't give any suspicious about what she said but I totally agree from what you have said." I muttered in displeased expression. "And now you're thinking of taking her to that, right...? Mr. Paul?"

Efnir's suspicion grew, and that gives me goose bumps over my skin. "Like hell I do!" I snarl out.

Since that, I also became wary to Phyra's way of speaking. She's maturing through physically and I need to make distance for that. As a father, my daughter's act should be in considerate. That's how I should do, probably.

• • • • • •

>> "Phyra!" a loud and lively voice fills the entrance of the shop.

As Phyra hears the shout, she then goes down after tying the blue ribbon attaches on the one piece white dress Efnir made to her. "I'm coming!" with an excitement thorough her voice, she goes downstairs pitter pattering.

"Hey, Phyra... Good morning!" on the entrance of the shop, Freedert greeted the girl as she goes downstairs. "Ah! Freedert, good morning!" with such giddy demeanor, Phyra greets the girl as well.

"Oh! good morning Phyra!" Efnir greeted, as she prepares the lunch box of the girl. "Good morning, elder sister." Phyra greeted Efnir as well. "I prepared your things, you should—-whoa..." as Paul goes out of the studio room holding a driver cap.

"You look stunning, Phyra." Paul greeted the girl. On his eyes, Phyra sparkles through, like a diamond. He can't give any compliment, or his compliments isn't enough how pretty his daughter is.

"Thank you papa." Phyra utters bashfully. "Here's your bag and lunch." Giving the sling bag made of leather, Efnir smiles at Phyra. "Thank you, elder sister."

"Also..." Paul goes to Phyra and puts the cap on her head. "That's perfect. You really look like a young lady." He complies. Freedert looks at Phyra, and sees the matching appearance of her get up and the cap.

"It suits on you, Phyra." Freedert compliments. "Thanks, Freedert!" Phyra's cheeks blushes after hearing the praise. "Be sure to take care on your way to school." Paul reminded.

"Yeah, Phyra and Freedert will go now... papa, elder sister!" she opens the door of the shop and goes out. "We will go now, Mr. Paul, Ms. Efnir!" Freedert greeted.

"Yeah, take care... you two." Efnir speaks as she follows the two out.

The two walked on the road as the passersby fills the street with the carriages and merchandise. "I wonder if those two will be fine." Paul mutters.

"I'm sure they will." Efnir mutters as she smiles. "Really? You're not worry about Phyra?"

"I am, but let's put faith in her. I know she will come home with a smile later."

Paul nodded while looking at the two walking along the road. In his mind still gives off a little doubt to leave his daughter alone. But as like Efnir said, he must at least put faith to Phyra. And that made Paul smile a little bit after having that thought.

"You're right." he murmurs as the two vanishes in the middle of the crowd spreading alongside the busy morning town of Jill.