Chapter 40:  The Morning Everything Changes: The Empty Feeling Inside Me.

>> "... Mr. Paul?" Efnir utters to me the moment I come back. I dunno what happened, but seeing her having the eyes fill with worry and surprise astounded me as well.

What's with her right now?

"Hey, you're still awake?" I asked out. Efnir is standing in front of the shop, holding both of her hands like praying.

"Of course, I've been waiting for—-Wait."

Her eyes looked at me with surprise. "What? What's the matter?" I asked again. "... Phyra, you followed her right?"

Efnir showed perplexed expression after. She did say the name of a person I haven't been heard before.

"... Phyra? Who's that...?" in a certain question lurked to me after hearing her question and Efnir's face drained with color while looking at me.

"Your daughter, Phyra. Where's she? You said that to follow her and—-"

"—- I don't remember anything about that name."

It's weird, why does she tell something I don't clearly known at all? I don't understand at all... why?

Before I knew it, the sun rises in the east. Entwining in the dusk and dawn is the sky filled all over. The morning comes and everything is clear.

But Efnir still looking at me with perplex on her face. "... What does that mean, you don't remember Phyra? She's your daughter, the crimson dragon you meet after coming here!"

"... Huh...? What do you mean, I don't get it." I utter out. What, what does this woman trying to imply to me? Why does she keep implying about saying the name of the person I don't know at all.

"She's your daughter! Fyrnyr entrusted her to you. Don't you remember anything?" Efnir got even more perplexed after saying those words out.

"I don't get what you're saying, Efnir. I'm tired and sleepy. Please spare me this moment."

Passing her over, I enter inside the shop. Hearing the bell ringing, a sudden glimpse of feeling oozes inside me.

The feeling of sadness and missing something came up.

I don't know exactly why.

Yet, I feel that there's something I wanna seek out. I feel that there's something I wanna hear or see. It's uncertain and unclear, but deep fully inside me that voice calls me out.

The thing I wanna hear... it suddenly become empty. Why? Why do I feel this way? There's something wrong with me.

But with the thought of sleeping, I just brush it off and go to the room. "... Mr. Paul, what do you mean you forget Phyra?"

Following me over, Efnir asked. I looked at her and saw the tears falling down on her eyes. Is she crying over that matter? I don't really understand at all.

Yet that moment, I feel the sudden clump of my chest.

Saying that name again lurked something inside me and I don't understand at all.

"... Don't you remember her? Why? What did really happened?!" her voice shakes throughout while asking me.

"... I don't... I dunno either, I haven't been known that name since. Sorry, but I need to sleep."

I go to my room after, leaving Efnir standing whilst of her distorted expression. Everything is too complicated.

Opening the door of my room, the sudden unfamiliar scent wafted all over my nose. The smell of flower, and citrus filled the whole place.

It made me calm, but the thought that someone might be here, or might be the one used to be here rushes inside my mind.

Slowly, an afterimage appears hazily inside my mind. It's too fuzzy, like a haze in the television. The image wasn't clear at all, but that person is something I wanna reach out.

Yet why, what's this feeling?

Lying down on the bed, I feel the softness and comfort of it embracing my body. It is reassuring and somewhat feels good.

I close my eyes, and the vague image appears right through.

The hazy image of a girl with flame-like hue hair, waving under the sunlight, and the laugh she has, filling through my ears.

"... Pa—-pa..." that calling echoed inside my head. I feel like there's that person I seek right now.

Wherever I see her somewhere before makes everything feels vague even more. I don't understand fully, I don't wanna think anything about it further, yet, the small warm feeling wrapping inside me slowly vanishing like a dandelion petals blowing by the wind scattering around.

I wanna understand this feeling, why? Why am I having this?

Who is that girl? Why is she carving in my memory? What's this sensation, the empty feeling after someone left without saying anything?

Why am I having this?

I wanna understand. I wanna know this feeling... I wanna go and see that girl. But where, where could I see her?

At that moment, I fall asleep. In a deep slumber everything settled down. And without me knowing, floods of tears shed over my eyes.

It wasn't just anything; deep inside I know it's not anything at all. There should be something, and that something isn't clear at all.

I wanna seek for this empty feeling. If only I could, I wanna see the girl in my vivid memory. I wanna see her, and ask who she is.