Chapter 13:  A Calling of a Certain Woman from the Distant to My Dream.

>> "—-You, you over there... you, yes! You! The man standing over the edge of the cliff, please... if my child is in your care, take care of her for me.—-"

A faint voice echoed inside my head. A strange voice coming from a woman I don't know exactly who it is. It just calling me, keeping to say 'you' like it's want to look at her place.

I'm in a grassy field, standing along while staring at the vast ocean and horizon, meeting the cirrus clouds and blue sky in between. A faint gust of wind caresses my cheek and hair.

A dream I had once, but more faintly clear than the first one.

Beside me is a young girl standing, as her hand intertwines with mine. The blazing-flame like hair of hers dances along with the gust of wind. From afar, her eyes look. That gentle pair of eyes she has just stares in the horizon.

I look at the girl and notice the clear face of a well-known person. "Phyra, is that you... right?" I call out. The girl turns towards me, with a faint smile on her lips. Ah, she is my daughter. The one I saw in my dreams before. "Papa. I love you," she utters. "But mother is calling me. She calls me from afar and telling me to go with her."

That word struck me over after, as Phyra slowly loosened her grip. The next thing I knew is the figure of the beast standing. Huge talons and physique made out of thick scales. Crown of horn swirling on top of its head gives off a vibrant, terrifying aura and long snout and sharp, razor teeth on its mouth shows over.

The crimson hue scale radiantly gives off mesmerizing scenery through my eyes; mixing the color of red, yellow and faint hue of orange, like a flame dancing along its monstrous built up body. It's a true dragon, the crimson dragon.

Pair of deep, sharp eyes with yellow hue on it but looking gently at me and I know it won't impose any harm. Out of the baffled feeling, I just stand and gaze at the giant creature standing before me. Its huge pair of bat-like wings is folded and retracts on each side of its back.

"Papa... thanks for taking care of me. Thank you, for loving me as your real daughter. Thank you, for raising me even if we're not blood related. Thank you; I love you... and goodbye."

The last word she said suddenly flicks me off. Why did she say farewell? Phyra's still young; she can't do anything without me. But now, right now... why?

Its wings spread wide together, and as it flaps in a big front view, the dragon lifts from the ground. Strong wind gushes over me, swaying the grasses along the way through.

"Wait! Phyra!" Covering my face, I shouted out loud. In a little space created in between my crossed arms I look at her. She's lifting higher and higher. Its strong clasp of wings heard through from above.

Yet, the tattered feeling heeding inside me didn't subside. "Phyra! Come back! You're still young to leave by my side! You're my daughter! Hey! Phyra!"

Shouting out loud, I called her name out. Yet, yet... the name I once know and the person I once had never looked back. The dragon clasps its wings further, as it flies above the distant, clear blue sky.

"Phyra!" I shouted. The pain soothed inside my throat, it stings a lot, yet I didn't falter to shout even more. "Phyra! Phyra!" my chest feels tight; my breath suddenly halted up.

The tightness clings around me succumb through, giving way to the essence of having a shackle in between my arms and feet. "Phyra! Phyra!" I shouted out even more. My throat feels like it'll tear into two.

Why? Why so sudden? That question fills my mind, as breathing starts to get hard. After everything I've done... will this just end as it is?

Why...?

Why—--?

Why...?

Then, tears flow down into my eyes as I look above the distant sky; the impeccable view of the scenery turned distorted as liquids fills my sight.

"Phyra... Phyra... Phyra." I keep calling her name over and over. Each time I say it, a sting feeling stabs my chest. It slowly crawls and scattered inside me, ooze deep in my muscles down to my bones.

Everything between us is over. Now I left in this place alone. No one is here, in this vast and greenery field but me. Weeping with wails of agony and sadness, as well as the heavy emotion stirring inside made me feel weak; tears keep flowing down my eyes over and over.

"Phyra... Phyra... Phyra..." that's the only word repeating out of my mouth. Why? Why do I feel this? Is this the sadness a parent feels when his child leaves his side?

Is it this feeling? Is it? If it is, then I don't wanna Phyra grow up. I want her to stay with me, be with me, depend on me, and love me like I love her.

I won't fail to be a father to her, I will even make sure to work harder to give what she needs. Just, please... don't take her away from me!

I want her to stay with me, and love me like she really is my daughter. I won't be reluctant to this task; everything! I will do everything to make her stay. Just—-

—--At that time, my eyes widely open up. As per that, I deeply catch out the breath, as like someone strangles me while sleeping. Gasping for air, I sit on the bed. Drops of sweat forms in my forehead and neck and that made me realize it was all but a dream.

It still quite dark outside; a faint shade of moonlight captures on the curtain of windowpane over, turning beside me is an innocent face of a young girl quietly sleeping.

Looking at her reminds me of that dream. That then, I realize that a day will come and I will set her free. When we find her parents, that's the time we will separate.

From a short time, I still feel reluctant over taking her as my daughter. Yet, at that short time as well, I feel the essence of having a daughter who is lovely and caring as her.

At the short time I have with Phyra, my life had a meaning. I slowly understand everything; my parents' sacrifice for my sake, their hardship to raise me, and their unconditional love for someone as me.

I realized that it's all worth to feel their love, and I grew up as the man I am because of them. Sharing the earnings I got is just a small price to pay for their sacrifices.

It was me... It was me who is selfish all along.

I turn over her side and reach her hair. Caressing it gently, I silently gaze at her. But then... "Mmm... papa?" Phyra might felt my touch. Might that be the reason, I call her out.

"What is it?" I whisper to her.

"Papa..." just calling me out, her arms then stretches out and embraces me. The feeling of her underdeveloped body touches me, as well as the presence of her aura as a woman. Phyra grows further as day passes by.

I won't be able to say how long she stays like this with me, but I... I, at least wanna see her growing up as a good, young lady. Tugging the blanket on her body, I embrace her as well, and kiss her forehead. "Sweet dreams, Phyra. Even if you leave me one day, I will always stay as your papa."

I speak a word with such heavy emotion on it. It won't be too long for us to separate. But, as long as she's still here, I will never falter to give a fatherly feeling for her.

I will always be like a father to her, and she will be my daughter.

That's right; because Phyra is my lovely daughter, and that won't change even if time and fate passes between us. I will watch over as she grow and spread her wings out to fly high in the distant, vast blue sky.

When that happens, I can say to myself that sacrificing everything for her sake is all worth. A gentle embrace I give to her and hum a lullaby after. Through the lullaby I sing, my body falls into slumber once more.