Chapter 03:  The Subtle of Becoming a Father to Someone

>> Its suffocating. The cold water succumb my body, drifting every single air out of my mouth. I go deeper, retracting my breathing through as the girl still holds me right after.

She's unconscious now, but I just can't let her die here. Mustering the remaining strength, I swim up while grabbing her torso. She slowly become heavy maybe might due to the wings still spreading out on her back.

I must at least lift this girl up. Please, give me strength... myself! I need to save this girl! Flipping my feet up to swim and rise out of the water, I mustered every strength remains. My breath slowly gives in, and if it won't last, we will both get kill here.

"Come on! Come on! Reach out! You can do it, Paul!" I cried to myself. My lungs become heavy, everything becomes blurry. The sunbeam shining through above was seemed to be near, yet far from what I can imagine.

But I must not lose hope here. I must not, for it won't let us give any good results. For this girl's sake, I need to live and endure this!

That then, I reached the surface of the water and rises up as soon as possible. Gasping for air, I wheeze out hardly to catch the lost breath. That sure is something, rushing my adrenaline deeply as everything becomes flashy around me.

Then, I lift the girl up to receive some air. But she's still out of breath and consciousness. I think she got water in as the strike impact give us all through and landed deep in the water.

I start to swim back to the shore while holding her. Even if it's tiring and breathtaking, I need to save her. There's no one who can help me right now. I'm all alone, and also this girl saves me from falling so my life's in debt with her.

Reaching the shore, I crawled out and hold her in my arms. Still, the wide wings she has remained out and it got me a hard time to take her off. "Damn it!" I wheeze out of breath and kneeled on the ground the moment we both reached out the shore.

The girl lay down on the shore, still unconscious. There's still time left, and I don't need to waste any of it; if it means to save her, at least.

I feel sluggish to make any movements, but there's no need to dillydally for this time. Going beside her, I compress both of my hands crossed. With my right palm intertwined at the finger sockets on my left hand, I begin to pump her chest. Applying a little pressure, this should be good enough.

Then, closing the nostrils by pinching her nose with my two fingers, I open her mouth and landed my lips down. Blowing air out, I make sure that she will take it all. There's no sign of breathing.

I pumped her chest again with my hands crossed together. "Come on! Come on!" I cried out. Again, I give another CPR to her. At that moment, the girl coughed out water as her eyes open wide.

Looking at her dizzy expression made me feel delight and reassured everything turned to be fine. "I'm glad." Uttering those words out, I painstakingly sit down on the ground, depleting the strength out of my body. "Father..." the girl utters to me, as she tries to lean up using her elbow and arm to support. "Yeah, I'm glad you survived."

This is just a bad day; having me transported to this world, meeting a girl who just come from a huge egg and claim me as his father, and ended up in a near death experience. It's tough. It's rough, and I dunno exactly what am I suppose to feel.

"Father, father." The girl crawled to me, still mustering her strength. I reached to her without giving any hesitation. For some reason, that thought made me feel uneasy, but just this time, I just can't helped but to let this young one have into my arms.

Reaching her out, I wrapped my arms over and embraces her tightly. Ah, such warm feeling pluck over me after feeling her body. "I'm really glad you're alive. Thank you."