Chapter 07.05:  A Father Should Do Anything for Her Daughter's Warm Smile.

>> "Sleep well, my little dragon. Grow up soon for you to see the beauty of the blue sky and fly high beyond what others can imagine."

Whispering those words out, Phyra then shows a faint smile on her lips. "Papa..." she murmurs. "Yeah, and I will be there to see and watch you over." So as those words filled, I kiss her forehead. It's then, Phyra loosened to the grip.

Getting the blanket, I cover her body up after.

"Goodnight, my daughter." Standing up on the bed, I go to the door and left the room quietly after.

Taking a safety measure not to make noise, the door locks quietly inside. "Where do you think you're going?" a sudden voice filled my ears that moment. In a bewitching timing, I almost jumped off over to see the person who has a pair of emerald eyes brimming over the dark like a gemstone.

Holding a candle holder, the total appearance on the light exposed over the dim side of the hallway. "Efnir, you surprised me!" I groaned out exasperatedly.

"Haha, gotcha. I thought you're going somewhere, leaving that kid alone."

Efnir then looked at me. "You think so? It won't happen, because I swore to myself... until I find her real parents soon." Efnir's eyes remained looking at me, but her lips formed a smile.

"I see." Efnir stated. "I am thinking about the next move to be a good father to Phyra. Since, your goddess, Lenir chose me to be that kid's father, I must at least think of earning some money to give what I she needs."

"Then, you're showing that you are a good father. That's good." With a chuckle, Efnir replied. "I said cut it out! It's embarrassing." Yet, Efnir did continue chuckling around. She seemed like teasing me a lot. What's with this woman?

"Anyway, it's still quite early. Won't you accompany me elsewhere?"

Out of a sudden, Efnir muttered at me. "Huh? Where are we going?" I asked. "A little stroll, you should see the town at night." Without any second thoughts, I nod to her offer.

We got off the shop and see the night life happening on the town. Though, there's no electricity but lamp lights lit to see the road, the townspeople keeps working. Seems that this is the business district, everyone is eager to earn money.

"This is the part of the town where night is lively. Bars and taverns filled with adventurers, as well as pubs for adult men who find something to make their night fulfilling."

With that said her face still somewhat refreshed while talking it out, I took a back and look at her with displease expression.

"What?" she asked. "Nothing, I just can't imagine you saying that word without any disgust." I answered diligently. "Really, hmm... I used to be a prostitute by the way." Efnir then started walking on the side street. I follow her, without giving any rebut from that.

"Won't you believe, a Wyvern like me will work as a prostitute." Turning her eyes to me, Efnir continues. "I don't think so." I answered. People walk and pass us over, whilst of the night stroll happens.

Every pubs and taverns in the area are lively. "Where are we exactly going?" I asked again. "In my secret area, I wanna let you see that place." Smiling at me, Efnir continue to walk. Only the sound of rough and sandy road filled the area.

Houses are slowly go few all over. Its then, we arrive at the cliff area where there are much lush trees, might be the boundary to the town and this area.

At the top is a tombstone made out of compiled rocks standing. The horizon covers through, filling with the sea of starts as the pair of two moons coated with yellowish hue and lapis-lazuli shows up on the clear sky.

It's like a science fiction place, or more like a fantasy. Like a home screen in the computer, the Milky Way showed up and line to the vast, dark sky.

"Whoa... so pretty," I looked up and stated those words. "I'm visiting again, mom." Walking towards the grave, Efnir mutters those words. "Mom? Is your mom—-"

"Yeah, she died for finding me." Efnir utters and while standing at the grave. "Mom... huh?" I just can't say anything at all. I just remaining looking at her that moment and stand over the illuminating view of the moonlight.

"My biological mom, I was at the egg when she died. She was beheaded by a dragon slayer... and from that, I was born without anyone to know who my parent is except for my father figure who owns the shop."

Continuing her statement, Efnir turns sideward to look at me. Her eyes glow under the moonlight, as well as her smooth skin sparkled with the golden scale brimming through.

"From time to time, I visit this grave with my father-figure who bought and pick me up. He's a gentle person like you, and having you here reminds me of him."

Gentle breeze caresses my hair after, and gives a rustle sound on the leaves attaching on the trees. "I see." That's the thought I spoke out. "Like you, he thought of giving me a wonderful life. He's an adventurer. But he decided to give up having a high rank and open a small business."

On her lips forms a gentle smile. She seemed to be remembered the person who was been part of her life. As such, this thing happens. "He was in the middle age, and seeing me maturing is the wonderful thing he did."

As those words fills my ear, so as the warm sensation heeded up. It reminds me of the day Phyra was born. Suddenly, a brimming light lurks to the whole surroundings. With that, a huge creature appeared, spreading its wide wings up. The height of 14 meters; showing crown of horn on its head; its long snout showed and razor sharp-like teeth.

The long tail, about 35 meters in length and has spikes at the tip wiggles a little. On its feet are long talons which are about 3 meters long and 20 diameters in thickness. Standing in front of me now is a Wyvern, a dragon who has two legs, same appearance with dragons with four legs.

"Amazing." I utter out. Seeing her scale in gold sparkling through, the beauty she has couldn't compare. I reach out to touch her, and Efnir in her Wyvern form bends her neck down to reach my hand.

I feel the roughness of her scale; I feel like touching a net. "I think of making a living with the silk in your shop. You are a seamstress, right?" out of the silence, I spoke to Efnir.

She scruff softly, might be the way how to answer to my question. "If you make some dresses, I'm willing to be a peddler and earn money. Phyra might stay with you or come with me. We may bring prosperity to your shop if ever."

Efnir gave a soft snarl at me after, as her eyes close. "I know you can..." whispering inside my mind, she muttered those words. "You can do it. I believe in you, Mr. Paul."

With her saying that, I give a smile. "Thank you, Efnir, for believing me."

Through the night, the plan I made was built. For this, I need to make a strategy to give it a go. I'm a father Phyra looks upon, so there's no need for me to hesitate. For her sake, I will do this no matter what.