Chapter 20:  The Path that Leads for the Two Crimson Dragons to Meet.

>> "—-We're going!" brimming with enthusiasm, Phyra greeted as she goes out of the shop together with Freedert. "Take care, you two." I waved and smile at both of them.

It's been two weeks since Phyra started attending school. She always has stories regarding on school and how she enjoys everyday spending over there.

I haven't see Phyra having a frolic expression on her face. This time of her life is the most important. I'm sure she's really doing her best to be part of the human society despite of everything.

For me who have no idea how to be a father at all, Phyra showed me how to be one. I know this is still a little reluctant for me, but I'm willing to continue being his father no matter what.

"Sure thing, being a father enjoys you so much, papa." A familiar voice suddenly chided in, as I see Phyra and Freedert walk on the street going to school. Looking beside me is Efnir, standing as her lips show a wide grin.

"I really do always reminding you not to call me papa." I quickly replied out. "Still bothered by me calling you that, huh?" she chided in.

"Yeah, I'm always bothered calling that."

Scratching my head, I headed back inside the shop. "I've been staying here for months now. Wondering what men think of us here, huh?" asking Efnir, I get the mop.

"Not at all, I don't mind what others thinking as long as Phyra is safe here. Though, the presence of the crimson dragon is nearby."

That certain thought gave me an alarm. What does Efnir mean about it? "We dragons can feel the presence of each other. Even if we're in different race, I can sense if they're alive or not."

Efnir's eyes look directly at me. "Phyra's mother, the crimson dragon, is nearby."

By what does that mean, I need to give Phyra to her real parent. "My suspicion is that, Phyra doesn't have any idea yet about it. She doesn't seem to feel the presence of the crimson dragon."

Efnir continue to state out.

Those thoughts made me feel gloom inside. The time will come that Phyra and I separate. The once child I've reluctantly accept and take with will be with her real parent soon.

"Mr. Paul... Mr. Paul?" Efnir calls me. "Huh, ugh... yeah?" I utter out. "Are you okay?" she asked. "Yeah, yeah... I'm fine. Worry not." I smile at Efnir after.

That made me realized, after all this time taking good care and raising Phyra as like my own daughter, it will have this thing happen between us.

The longing feeling of having this moment comes right through; when I think everything comes as fine that is. The time I will say goodbye to the dragon who I found and saved, and the one I treat like a part of my flesh and blood.

The smile and warmth I feel for the short time, living with the lovely girl who I never thought be a good part of me, and realized how good I am as a father. I never thought of having these feelings, because of the goddess Lenir that I came here and meet her.

At that moment I never realized, tears flow down into my eyes. Why, of all sudden... this will come to an end? I don't wanna have this parting. I don't wanna see Phyra going with another person.

"Mr. Paul?" Efnir calls me out once more. Her face shows concern, as her hand reach my face and wipes the tears flowing through my eyes. "I'm fine, it's just..."

"I understand, I feel the same way. I feel that Phyra will be going far away if she goes with her real mother."

Efnir's voice trembles out. At such time, we became a family here. The three of us living in this place together, laughing and eating meals, sharing stories and depending in each other, in this house, in this place.