EXTRA CHAPTER:  The Future Countess's Birthday Invitation Arrived.

>> Another Sunny Day:

Another day that needs to be thankful for seeing the view of this strange, yet wonderful world... or so I thought it is...?

"Good morning, Mr. Paul..." inside the shop is the familiar face of a young woman who I see before. Wearing a linen dress and corset, as well as long skirt and pair of boots, and also a cloak with hood, she bows down after.

Her hair, the wavy chestnut hue, long hair gives off a vibrant of a pretty young lady that tied up in a bun-like feature behind her head. Efnir who is standing beside me looked with anticipation on the lady and her eyes gazes at me after.

"Who's this polite young girl, Mr. Paul?" she asked out.

"It's an acquaintance, I presume...?" I answered in an uncertain manner. "Worry not, missy. Mr. Paul and I don't share any sexual relationship. So rest assure that—-"

"Hey! What are you talking about?!" I cried out.

Efnir's eyes looked suspicious through me after that.

"It's not what you think! I won't commit such doings in anyone! I promise!" damn, why should I need to swear 'bout this thing to Efnir? "You already have me, so you don't need to look after other girls... but I do give exception to Phyra."

Efnir then grabs my arm and clings to me after. "Hey, don't be bothered by what she said. It's true! I don't commit such lewd things—-"

"But I can sense that you're a pervert, Mr. Paul."

This maid, what does she wanted from me? "Ah... Ms. Mary, right?" Yes, I remember her clearly, the attendant of the princess and countess-to-be Yuna. "Yes, my name's Mary... and please to meet you, missy." Bowing down to Efnir, Mary greeted.

"Ah, please to meet you as well." Efnir greeted, as her arms clings to me further. "I came here to give you an invitation for the upcoming birthday banquet of Countess Yuna, tomorrow evening."

Giving an envelope with a wax seal, showing the knight and two crossed swords as an emblem to the Monsignor Household, I look at the back and my name's written over. "This is really addresses for me, huh?"

Opening the envelope, I read the invitation. It was written: "With regards of helping me in the town of Jill, I personally wrote this invitation for you to come in my banquet to celebrate. Please do come, 'cause even if you rejected me, I still wanna stay as your acquaintance. No hard feeling, just being acquainted to you is all I want. Members of your family are welcome also to attend the banquet. I'm looking forward to see you, Mr. Paul. Sincerely yours, Yuna."

"Oh, you rejected her?" Efnir muttered at me. Now, what's the issue here? "She's still too young for me. Besides—-"

"So if she becomes mature you will lay a hand on her, huh? Pervert." Her gaze pierced at me. What does this woman trying to deal with me right now? "No, I won't do anything reckless like you imagine, alright?"

"Yes, Mr. Paul thought that it's quite early for him to do that. He's just waiting for the right time for missy to become full-fledged woman."

Mary suggested, as she shows a smug face at me. This maid, can I kick her ass?! "Don't be an asshole, I won't lay a hand in anyone of women I know." I exclaimed out.

Both Mary and Efnir looked at each other and to me after. "What...?" I asked. "Maybe, he's gunning for same sex?" Mary muttered out. "Eh... are you serious? I mean, he's good looking and—-"

"Hey." I called out. The two twitched out after that. "You two are really something, huh?" looking despondently at them, I heaved a sigh. "I'm not gunning into same sex, and I'm a man. Please stop thinking unnecessary thoughts about me."

"Really?" Mary asked. "Oh, sorry." Efnir spoke apologetically at me. Seriously, these two are really annoying. "And for that matter, I believe that everything's settled. My purpose ends here, so I bid adieu to both of you. Young lady will look forward to you and missy to come in the banquet tomorrow night."

Mary leaves the shop after and gets the horse tying up on the stable outside. Riding it up, she commanded it to gallop and leave the town, waving goodbye at me and Efnir.

"Hey..." Efnir calls out as she watches Mary leaving the town, passing along with the townspeople gathering. "Hmmmm?" I asked. "You will go to the banquet?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure princess Yuna is waiting."

"... But you don't like her, right?" Efnir asked again. "I didn't say I like her. It's just too sudden. Besides, she's too young for me." I explained.

"So there is a tendency that you may fall in love with her?" Efnir grunted at me. Why is she trying to be persistent to this matter? "I don't. I have Phyra to handle and..."

Trailing the last thought, I look at her after. "What?" she asked. Remembering that anything may change someday makes me feel fret a little. Striking her forehead, I snickered out. "You're too silly. Don't let that rush through your head."

"It hurts! Hey!" Efnir groaned out to me. That's right; everything might get change sooner or later. For now, I just wanna stay everything as it is.

No matter what, I will let everything stay as it is.