Chapter 30: I realized that The Daughter I Raised Is Already a Maiden.

>> "—-Papa..." the voice I heard before suddenly muttered out. "Papa... papa, you're awake. Thank goodness!" tears swell on the woman's eyes. As that fills my ears, so as the word suddenly rushed inside me. "Phyra... is that you?"

That certain question hangs through, as the woman smiles at me with her eyes brimming under the sunbeam. "Yes, I am... it's me. Phyra."

"Wait, wait... huh...?" looking confused, I looked at Phyra carefully. With a closer look, I can see that she already developed a fully fledged body of a woman. She became an adult and that mesmerizes me a lot.

"You're Phyra, right?" I utter in deep doubt. "Yeah, and I was really looking forward to see you wake up, papa." She answers. Huh...? What? What's that supposed to mean? "Eh... looking forward for me to wake up? Why?" I asked.

"You have been sleeping for 3 years. Since the war broke between dragons and dragon slayers, you never regain conscious after saving me. I was really worried."

Phyra's expression shows deep concern, as her eyes turn melancholic after. "I dunno what to do, the magic cast upon you was really too strong that even mages can't break it off."

Eh...? What? Why?

What does Phyra talking about? Casting magic? I was just sleeping in the bed together with her. Then, I meet Lenir in the dream. We had a conversation about the upcoming war and let me choose to flee and leave this world or stay and die together.

But what about this... I don't get it? "What year is it now?" I asked, trying to pull things together. "It's already the Winter Morning." Phyra answered. "Get a mirror... I wanna see myself!" with such fixation through everything, I commanded her out.

Phyra followed after and took a round-shaped thing to me. That then, I saw my reflection that never changed even a bit. "Huh...?" the same appearance I still have, but Phyra progressed out in her age.

"What's wrong, papa?" Phyra suddenly asked. Still holding the mirror, I stare at the nothingness. What's the meaning of this? Why do I have still the same appearance?

"Efnir, where's Efnir?" I asked again. If 3 years have been passed, I wanna see Efnir. Phyra's expression became sullen after. "What? What's wrong—-"

"Elder sister... Efnir... she's dead."

Lifting those words out, I become baffled. "Huh...? What...?" uttering out, those are the words came through my mouth. "She died protecting you. Efnir did protect you to the end, because you seek the harmonious path to live with us dragons."

Phyra's eyes filled with tears, as her face blushed out.

The painstaking feeling succumb me inside. "It can't be... It can't be..." clenching my hands, I groaned out. "Efnir, you're kidding right? You're just kidding. She won't be died that easily..."

Reluctance to accept, no, I neglect to accept the fact that it's true. I refuse to accept, because that isn't true at all. Yet, "Papa... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I can't protect Efnir."

Phyra takes my hand and clenched it tight.

Her hands are totally warmth. Her expression shows anguish to the feeling that I've been holding onto. Seeing the face of my daughter made the reluctance I'm holding crushes into pieces. Slowly, the sadness fills up through.

"It's a lie. It's a lie... No, no..." my vision becomes distorted. Ah, that time, I realized that tears flow down into my eyes. It spills and flows through, without stopping.

Remembering everything about her made my chest clumped tight. Why? I haven't done anything to thank her for supporting me in this world. Why?

"It's a lie, she wasn't dead yet. I haven't thanked her yet. Efnir mustn't die yet. It's a lie!"